Author Topic: A difficult decision.  (Read 3290 times)

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
A difficult decision.
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:30:17 AM »
So I've been a poweriser user from 2008 on. They were great back then. Well I had a frame wear out and bought a new set a few months ago. I've had a lot of problems with one of my stilts. So I've been considering switching to a new brand.

I've got some choices.

First up a guys selling some powerskips for $750 bucks. It's a great deal and they were almost sold the day he listed them. Then I checked into spring replacement as they're 580s and I should be on 620s. $600 for a pair? Yikes. I go through springs twice or more a year. At that price I couldn't afford to bock. But still the listing has 1 more day left...

7 league stilts are finally coming available over here in the spring. No exact date yet. But I always heard they were good. Looking to be around 5-600 for a pair. Not perfect but is the build quality and spring performance is better then poweriser I'm sold.

My other option is to get some flying locust CZ series stilts. They're the exos for you guys. The downside over here though. Is they haven't had their hardware upgraded, and that year long testing you guys have had. So the quality is lacking. Not to mention I reviewed a pair when they first went out and since I'm 6'6'' when I adjust the calf cuff to fit my legs. It slides from side to side because the bars pulled to far up. I'm a cuff user and can't go back :P But they're selling just for $300 from airtrekker. I wouldn't mind upgrading the parts if the cuffs stayed in place.

So powerskips, cz series, or 7s.

If you've used skips or 7s what are your opinions?
Leader of the

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: A difficult decision.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
I've used all three types and I would go for the new style PJ's every time they are just so much better now

Having said that what havn't they ugraded over there

If it's the hoofs you might be able to get a set posted over to you by a mate over here
The nuts and bolts could be replaced from the local hardwear store

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 11:04:30 PM »
re skip springs    u can , i believe--but go 4 more research if interested, use 7's or 'locust springs on um.  Well I have a m8 who deffo has 'locust springs on um.....cos he way to heavy 4 the 'skip springs.

7's r    or rather 'were' good. i used um for 3 years.  The quality is great and much better than their rivals.  But the rivals caught on.....and improved thier product. the 'cz'  r better now....well certainly the type i was using today in england.

I also used the original powerisers  and they were great too. But , tho i didnt use um  but friends did, the 2nd generation went wrong quality , particularly 'build quality'....the parts were fab   just not put together well.

But it just shows the makes and models go 'up and down'.   Ive no idea, but maybe there is a revolutionary new 7 or poweriser   being tested now?!

But we cant worry about that. At the moment, and for the money  I reomend, over here in the UK....the cz's  or projumps    if the N Americia version is broadly similar ...go for it. Re the calf cuff prob...can u not just transfer your old/existing cuffs to any new stilts u get?

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:54:21 AM »
We got the new hoof type. When I reviewed a pair I had to retighten the CZ bolts after every use, and they started stripping. I sent the pair back after the review was over and still recommended them to a new member. He had similar problems, a big spring crack, a hoof weld break (though thats fixed with the all rubber hooves) and he can't use the cuffs either. The problem is that bicycle fastener just isn't strong enough.

I could look into fitting the poweriser cuff clamp on the cz stilts. I'll have to see if that part would be easy to swap off. Though, I do have a faulty clamp which is one of the man reasons I'm switching brands. My left stilt doesn't hold either.

The CZ build quality could be better by now though. I first reviewed them a month before my dealer carried them. Then my friend bought a set 2 months later. So there wasn't time for any real changes in build quality.

I did like the spring performance on them though. I always got a few extra inches of air.

Leader of the