Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 5136 times)

Offline sk8sean

Newbie questions
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
Just before I buy I was wondering what maintenance they need, if any, or what small mods you need to keep it in best shape. Also how easy is it?

Thanks, Alex

Offline Bounce

Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
Tyre socks because the rubber soles dont last, very easy just get a bike tyre and tape it on haha, you might want to get a old inner tube and wrap it around the spring to stop it getting scr***ed which is also very easy. Apart from that none. (nothing is essential)

Offline Small

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:53 PM »
Hi ya Alex,
 I found it really easy to pick up and bounce said it all the only mod I have to my stilts is the inner tube and tape mod just to keep the springs from getting too banged up.
I know others have changed bushes and all sorts of other amazing mods but I'm more than happy with mine as they are and I will only be changing parts should they brake
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:08 PM »
Hi and welcome Alex.

They r pretty easy to use...helps if you can get to meet others, so may i ask where ur   we maybe able to put you in touch with others.

maintenance.

After your 1st couple of 'goes', Id say tighten up all the nuts and bolts....same with a bike. Things can get jolted loose.

Oil them every now and again...bike oil or similar  ( tho many, including me dont seem to bother d'oh)

Tyre sox, there is a section on this in the 'mods' area. But the hooves on the latest stilts seem to  be pretty tuff and hard wearing, so I wouldnt be too worried about this.

'tapping the springs'  Basically this is adding extra protect to the stilts , a small 'nick' in the spring incurred in a fall may result in aa weakness  that will ultimatly resullt in a spring failure. So wot peeps do is rap and then tape an old bike inner tube around the springs...again in the 'mods' section.

I have to confess......ive done none of the above  and Im still bouncing about OK

Offline sk8sean

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 08:47:32 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, and I live in Peterborough if thats any help to you. Now i just need to persuade the parents...

Alex

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
well   note the planned meet next month in peterbro' . If u dont have any by then...pop along , have ago...maybe bring a parent un let um see...maybe have ago.

And thats serious. We  often have peeps come along like that   And  I for 1 am now well ued to being 'checked' out by parent to make sure me un my friends and this stupid sport r 'OK'.....normally they go away thinking we r 'nuttas'  but basically 'harmless' :Cyes:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »
As above except don't use oil on the PJ bearings (Q had 7's and they like oil) as the bearings are nylon and they don't like oil they need silicon grease or silicon spray lube

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline sk8sean

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
Thanks for the offer,Im guessing the demo would be near the fountains in the city centre? Ill be sure to come along and watch and have go.

Offline bendover90

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »
Hey sk8sean.

im the organiser fo the meet on the 22nd januray

the event is going to be weekend long so feel free to come down.

i can try and arrange a set for you to go on on the sunday.

we welcome all newcomers and its nice to actaully see you inperson so we can show you what were about.

any questions let me know.

AND COME ALONG IF YOU WISH! IM PETERBOROUGH AS WELL!

Offline sk8sean

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »
Thanks, il come along about 12 in the afternoon. Im guessing you'll be bouncing near the fountains? And I really just wanna have a look

Offline marcus101

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 10:18:07 PM »
would the junior f50 bounce me high enough to do a front flip i way 38kg and can near enough do it flat without anything i land somwhere between my but and feet sooooo any reply would be helpful i just want somthing to help me frontflip other then a trampoline thanx

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
Typically I would say no.

But its not impossible. I'm too lazy to find you a video :P

Offline marcus101

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 05:57:48 PM »
it says to get some stilts 10 kg more then your weight would getting some 17 kg more then your weight be pushing it abit