Author Topic: are my bocking days over???  (Read 5000 times)

Offline billymaya

are my bocking days over???
« on: November 23, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »
went a bit over the top at the riser raptor meet the other week (well over the top for me any ways) was fine until the next morning but now me backs playing up. now ive never had a bad back before as such although i do tend to get back pains if im standing in a crowd for a long time mostly along the bottom of my back its fine once i have a sit down (christ i sound old) so after over doing it now when i go on the stilts and try and jump i can feel the bottom of my back tensing and as i come into contact with the ground i get a sharp pain and its stops me in my tracks,have managed to do a bit of running today but im quite conserned that its not going to ease and im gonna have to hang me stilts up forever :( its so frustrainting,any suggestions? ive read through the bockers back threads so im hoping its that, i can walk around in the stilts no problem but its during jumping and contacting with the floor its a bit like when some one goes to punch you in the tummer you kinda tense up dont you thats how i can best describe it in any case

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: are my bocking days over???
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:51:09 AM »
bockers back, have a nice hot bath, and a week off your stilts and you should be better

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:12:17 PM »
Nah should think you will be OK.  Got two of the JJ's wimping off at mo  cos of the gym meet - 10 days ago!!!

If you took up any new (active) sport  you would be aching for a time afterwoods. Canoeing, squash etc. You are using and stretching bits of the body in new ways and directions. And its not gonna like it!!!  But will get use to it.

Try some 'proper' stretching exercises before a session.

But as always , if this persists...do see a doctor.

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »
Chances are it is what we call bockers back. but I do agree with Q if its persists see a doctor.

personaly I think you should be fine

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
Welcome to the club Billy  :Claugh:

Like any injury keep an eye on it and don't keep doing the thing that sets it off

Try walking and jogging on the bocks for a few days (or a few weeks)

Bockers back is scary first time but all you have done is push it a bit hard and probably landed awkwardly

Happens to me if I have not been on them often enough

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline lynch

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 08:36:32 PM »
i found i got this when i started out and it quite a bad pain i did what jason said and you will find that you will find a tech that  works for you with out it hurting i also found that i started to get it a little when using my new stilts so its also to do with if you have broken in your springs as my new springs are quite stiff to where my old ones was perfect

and as to the bath thing try to get some  raydox bath salts ( think that spelt wrong )  that really helps and my dad uses it for his ms so i know it helps

Offline billymaya

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »
thanks for the advice guys im gonna take it easy for a few days and see what happens backs not as bad today won some 90 kg springs last night on ebay so hopefully that will help the situ also got a set of calf cuffs coming soon thanks to webmaster who sorted me out with a pair last night :) once ive got my springs on and the calf cuffs ill get back on the stilts and taken it slow gotta be fit enough to for 5th of december for north devon hospice santa fun run lol

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 09:50:52 PM »
Pffftttt you think you have back pain :P first day I got on my stilts since my injury I fall over onto my spine again, once again I am back on medication :S and am really sore :(
DC

Offline billymaya

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »
well twas a bit daft to jump from the road onto some green skanky paving slabs mate ;) and five mins before that you almost got hit by a car lol think im gonna cable tie aload of pillows around you at the next meet ;)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »
d'oh Alex...i would say  'get well soon'  but that will just mean u will injure yourself again just that lil bit quicker d'oh

Offline EvilLordLoki

• Voted Most Gutsy RR
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 01:34:04 AM »
what are you planning on doing with your 110 springs billy?

I Believe In Bockism

Offline billymaya

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
ive put a post up on the riser wall mate abvout the 109's :)

well managed to fit the 90's and they are alot better much more my weight and easy to bock on just waiting for the calf cuffs and new hoofs to be delivered this afternoon then ill fit them

thought my back was easing buy just had a quick go on them now and its still hurting thinking im tensing myself to much preparing for contact with the ground and thats where the pain is coming from??