Author Topic: MAD HATTERS TEA PARTY 2011  (Read 6386 times)

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
MAD HATTERS TEA PARTY 2011
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:02:18 AM »
hey all, in january 2011 at University of *cumbria (carlisle campuses) we are hosting a mad hatters tea party, the other organizers think that have a group of stilters dressed up as characters from the book/films would add an interesting addition to the event i'll post more details if this gets any interest

*i know cumbria is out of the way for the majority of stilters in the uk but some interest in this would be fantastic

cheers all
parlby.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: MAD HATTERS TEA PARTY 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »
Good idea mate

Sounds like a scream

Just one thing you might want to consider letting people have a bit more free reign on the fancy dress if you can ( I understand that some events are restricted)
But you will get a lot more people if they can come as anything

Good luck with it and looking forward to the pics

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
i would be up for it

may have to check with parents first because they wernt happy bout me goin up to exeter but if any of the RR's are goin i will go any idea of what day?

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »
Yeh that sounds like fun

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:32:56 PM »
thanks for the input josh, i'll have to check with uni ,about insurance for covering and under 18, shouldn't be a problem tho carlisle is a long way away from plymouth mate, 510 miles to be exact, it's costing me £26 for the rail card and £94 for the train to come bk home on thursday,

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »
hey all, in january 2011 at University of *cumbria (carlisle campuses) we are hosting a mad hatters tea party, the other organizers think that have a group of stilters dressed up as characters from the book/films would add an interesting addition to the event i'll post more details if this gets any interest

*i know cumbria is out of the way for the majority of stilters in the uk but some interest in this would be fantastic

cheers all
parlby.

quoting myself here but this could also help boost The powerbocking sport as a whole in the north east, as there is very little interest up here apart from peoeple who have moved up(i might be wrong tho) probably will ask naz about borrowing some PJ banners and flyers and stuff :)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 08:30:26 PM »
I have the banner and loads of leaflets if you want??

Offline lynch

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
i would be well up for this as this is the uni i want to go to next year would it be possible to get a tour around the theaer sid of the uni and talk to the performing arts lot to find out what its like ????

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 02:19:29 PM »
hmm tht may be abit expensive but i will c wht happens closer to the time

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »
@lynch I can tell you about performing arts if you like as i'm studying Fda theatre Lighting & Sound so I actually alongside performing arts students closely which means i would be working with you next year . small world
loads of my mates are performing arts and love it. they run the Uni theare (Stanwix arts theatre) as a proffessional venue so alogn with drama and s**t, you learn about how a theare works, whats required, who does what job etc

if you wanted to have a tour round the uni they've got open days running till december and after xmas aswell

you should come here means i'll a bocking buddy xD

@alex could i pick them up from you when i come bk home on thursday please?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 03:57:41 PM by RRparlbystumble »

Offline lynch

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
that would be wicked mate i want to do the joint ba in tech theater and drama performance is this coure at your campus if so could you find out the dates for me and i will come up and have a look and bring my stilts and if its cool with you come up for the weekend or something for a bock and try to get others up there invold and get more bockers up there

let me know and when there is a defo date for this mad hatter thing as i work as a theater tech at a college atm and will need to book the time off work and i know what you are thinking im working at the college as a gap year but i do know alot a bout sound and lighting so we would have a lot to talk about ill try to find you on face book   

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
Me and Matt will be coming up that way sometime soon I think, so if you want we could come up 2 and have a few more to stilt?
DC

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »
that would be great al not till january but i'm saying 16 maybe 17 and over for this one because of the uni's policy on s**t.

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 04:24:57 PM »
 :Cmad: 16 and over im 15 does that count ? :Cmask:

Offline RRparlbystumble

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 06:15:35 PM »
i don't know mate i'm just not sure your parents would let you go 510 miles up here plus you guys would have to get a hotel i've got 1 spare sofa bed in my house. we'll talk about it on friday or saturday

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 06:30:55 PM »
gd point

when u back in plymouth/saltash?