Author Topic: ENTRY THREAD Oct - Jan 2011 Competition  (Read 6607 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
ENTRY THREAD Oct - Jan 2011 Competition
« on: October 22, 2010, 10:49:34 AM »
Please use this thread for posting your official entry for the Win Pro-Jump Exo's Comp thread

Do not post any general chat in here but use the Win Pro-Jump Exo's Comp thread  for all discussion.

Thank you.  
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:54:46 PM by webmaster »

Offline Squeeker

Re: ENTRY THREAD Oct - Nov 2010 Competition
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »
My entry, I am not as pleased with it as its not quite what I hoped, but nevermind, its the best I could do in my spare time :)

Apologies to sprog for stealing the song you use :L But I couldn't think of anything else :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:31:48 PM by Squeeker »

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:59:16 AM »
Here are my entries. =) I created a facebook page which has been joined by over a hundred people! ^_^ It has pictures of the stilts themselves as well as some of my photoshop creations in separate albums. It also has information about the brand and products, as well as links to this website so people can order them.

I registered the page to a new e-mail adress (with a Pro-Jump related name) so if you wish to take it over, you can. =) I put a lot of work into spreading the word and making the status updates interesting, so I hope you like it! =)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Jump-Exo/154081107969850

I also have two videos in the video album. Both of which can be considered marketing tools in their own right. =) I created the first one called "Nero & Neo" a bit ago for just such an occasion. I think it's one of the best vids I've ever made. It makes me smile every time I watch it! ^_^ I hope you enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=105153482889172#!/video/video.php?v=102736103130910

The second vid called "Hand Stilts" is shorter, more like an advert, and is designed to make people laugh and get them curious about the product. It ends with the web address so they can then find their way here to learn more and purchase. =) Again, I hope you enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=105153482889172
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:06:04 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline nakedsamuraiguy

• Group: Riser Raptors
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 08:04:53 AM »
And here are my entries, very late due to youtube refusing to upload. I worked with my best friend on these, so it's not just me you are laughing at. We hope you enjoy them :Ctwitcy:

First off, our Aussie take
"
s=1&

Next, to Kenya
s=1&a

And an office
s=1&hl=en_GB

And finally, a magical island
s=1&

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
Re: ENTRY THREAD Oct - Jan 2011 Competition
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:36:37 PM »
For the past few years I've been talking about/promoting Powerbocking/Pro-Jump on another(very very large, with 169,844 members) forum that I am a well known member of, and as a result many people on that forum have bought Pro-Jumps (though of course I can't give an exact number but I would say 10-20+). I've been answering all questions about the sport and when people have been asking which brand to get I have been advising Pro-Jump (since it is the best of course :Claugh:). I've had long in-depth conversations with members about the sport in private messages, giving them advice about the sport in general, and usually they end up buying a pair of stilts from Pro-Jump.

Furthermore I have also promoted the sport on some other forums that I am a member of, as well as posting several videos on Youtube.

Here are some examples:
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1042258-Powerbocking-Run-30mph-jump-8ft-high-and-do-extreme-flips-and-s**t
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/792551-Powerbocking-The-sport-that-involves-the-use-of-spring-loaded-stilts.?highlight=
http://www.facepunch.com/threads/806145-Bocking-Poweriser-Show-Team-Paris-2008?highlight=

I've also made several other threads/posts but this forum gets rid of old threads/posts after a certain amount of time.
I guess that can be my entry for now, however I might be making a video or something later on.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:14:49 PM by Biohazard »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »
Ok Folks
Heres my entry I'm going for the Viral Vid style  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

[youtube=425,350]FUY81GoG2bE[/youtube]

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:00:42 AM »
So this is my edited entry. I took onboard everything Naz said, and adjusted the video accordingly. It's more like an advert now and has the website address in the video and the description. =) It has an unusual spectacle to get people intrigued, a funny bail to get them laughing, then some awesome bocking to get them buying. ^_^ I hope you like it more than ever. =)

I literally just uploaded it (due to my laptop kicking the bucket over Christmas *tears*), but I'm confident it will generate a lot of interest over the next few weeks. I'm really happy with it. Even more so in it's final version. =)

And of course I have the facebook page as well! It has been joined by over a hundred people! ^_^ It has pictures of the stilts themselves as well as some of my photoshop creations in separate albums. It also has information about the brand and products, as well as links to this website so people can order them.

I registered the page to a new e-mail adress (with a Pro-Jump related name) so if you wish to take it over, you can. =) I put a lot of work into spreading the word and making the status updates interesting, so I hope you like it! =)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Jump-Exo/154081107969850
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:19:11 AM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.