Author Topic: Will i need new springs?  (Read 3156 times)

Offline wickerman123

Will i need new springs?
« on: October 08, 2010, 12:39:53 AM »
Hi, i have not been active on the forums for over a year, since i broke my leg. I also havn't bee nbocking either, my bocks have just been gathering dust in my bedroom.

I'm thinking of getting back into it, but il need to get calf cuffs due to a permanent deformity in my leg, where the knee bar snapped the bone. It's not huge, just like lump, but it causes pain when pressure is applied or it's jarred.

To the point,, since its been a while, and ive grown since, my weight has also gone up. I think that origonally i bought the 9st pair, not entirely sure, but now i weight 11.8st.... So i was thinking, will i have to buy new springs, or will my old ones do? I'd rather not buy new ones as im short on cash, but if it's neccessary il save my pennies.

Thanks, James

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Will i need new springs?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
new springs, the best option

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
Damm, i don't have the money, il see how it goes but if there too dodgy then i suppose il have to save up, which will probably be summer next year, cos im saving for something else. Thanks anyway

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »
well 1st   you may re start pretty tentertifly  so your old , nominally under weight, springs should be OK for that.  So 1st off just go out and make sure you are happy on the stilts.

Next, Ive known a few peeps who, like u were watching ( or hoping for some as they had none) the pennies but who kept on using well under weight springs for a considerable time.   Go out on under weight springs, see wot happens. ON really big jumps yes you may /probably will bottom out. But for a limited period ,just  limit your 'style'.  Then having done all that and still happy, then think about new springs ( and think about putting a few pennies aside).

Do the above  and factor in the fact that the weather is gonna start being pretty darned bocking un friendly as every week goes by for the next oooo 4-5 months.  Then look at the 2nd hand thead/section here see if there are any springs to suit u...or indeed put in a request.

And also  where r u

and also also  wickerman   fab film  :Cyes:

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »
Thanks :) I should be okay as i wont really be attemting any *big* jumps, i'm not the most athletic person to have ever lived. I had only just mastered the running jump before i broke my leg and i had taken to hopping around on one foot, i mainly just enjoyed walking around in them too!

I bet i am no way near any other bockers, i live in the western isles of scotland, i do know of one person on the island south of me who has a pair, but i only know of him through friends on said island.

Also, what does the term *bottom out* mean?