Author Topic: rite spring gone wrong  (Read 2964 times)

Offline mandy077

rite spring gone wrong
« on: September 06, 2010, 11:42:48 PM »
hi guys
 had to change the spring on my right boot  as it just snapped. followed the titorial and sure i done it rite.
now when i jump my RT boot is totally off.when i jump my RT leg seems to fly out and im off bal.

i dont no whats wrong but the calf cuff (i think) seems to be making my RT leg bow out, i keep re ajusting it but i keep having the same prob
 any help pls im stuck  :Cerr:

thanks

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: rite spring gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:12 PM »
Hi Mandy

This is quite a common problem
Basicly as you tighten the bolts up it can distort the frames and make them feel very unstable

I did a tutouial about settting up the stilts so it might be worth you having a look

It is about adjusting the stabiliser bars but the string and rubber band tool will help you see if your bocks are out

If they are out try loosening all the bolts you undid to change the springs (including the small ones that hold the spring to the brackets)

Them pull the bock back into shape and just nip the bolts up untill they are tight but not to tight (you can adjust the bock but hand when they are like that)

Once the stilts are true tighten the bolts

This should get them back to the right place

Then adjust your cuffs
This is a personal thing but I find that when I first put them put on and walk you can feel likr you are falling off one side of the bock

If the stilts are true and straight this will be due to the cuffs

Simple rule for adjusting cuffs move them towards the side you feel you are falling off (yes it sounds wrong but it works)

So to clarify if when you walk it feels like your right foot is falling outwards move the cuffs outwards and this will move the hoof the oposite way and ballance you

Hope this helps as I know how off putting it can be when they feel wrong

If you are in the london area come along to one of our meets and I can help you adjust them

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline mandy077

Re: rite spring gone wrong
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »
lovely ill try tht thanks