Author Topic: peg adjustment  (Read 4578 times)

Offline INVASION17

peg adjustment
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:11:16 PM »
Hey Hey,

my right stilt peg feels as if it is slightly to the left so makes it difficult to walk, run and jump. any tips on how to adjust it back under my foot?

INVASION17  :Nero:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: peg adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:16:01 PM »
stilt peg??
DC

Offline INVASION17

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:18:12 PM »
Yeah the stilt ped. the tire bit?

INVASION17

Offline Quothcorvus

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »
Hiya, I have a problem with my right stilt, most likely the same as you are experieincing.  I am using Jasons tutorial here-

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2337.0

If thats any help!  I'm going to adjust mine tonight which I hope will sort the problem out for me.

Offline INVASION17

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »
Hey,

yeah i saw this too and was going to try it tomorrow when i have time. Thanks anyway and tell me how you get on would like to hear if it is any help

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:21:45 PM »
if you have calf cuffs then you just need to make fine adjustments to it. It takes some time and patience but its worthwhile. When you've got it just right, do those bolts up as tight as you can!

Offline Quothcorvus

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
Hiya, after quite some time spent playing with the tie-rods I have come to the conclusion the main problem is my leg, and not the stilt!  The method of Jasons helped get rid of the lack of straightness in the stilt, but after trying the stilts on the wrong feet, I still have the same problem of rubbing and my foot going somewhat sideways.

It may be the trainers I wear as they are well used and the soles have not worn evenly, but I think I will just have to make a conscious effort to change the way I walk when on the stilts, as the wear is in the right direction.  Unfortunately  these trainers are the only footwear I have which are not boots, and I think my New Rocks are a tad too chunky!

TTFN

Jon.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
Hi Quothcorvus

I had a very similar problem when I started

First a couple of questions
Are you using kneebars or cuffs

The reason I ask is it is very easy to get the cuffs offset to one side and this will make the problem you have

If kneebars sometimes they can be slightly bent and swaping the bars over can help

If it is just you then cuffs can be set to cure it

One last thing if you are near the south come to one of our meets and I will have a look (if not try your local group they normaly have someone who can fix things)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Quothcorvus

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 05:35:25 PM »
Hiya Jason, I have knee bars, they do seem to both have slight bias on them, though both are slightly angled out to the outside.  I'll try changing the bars over, thanks for the suggestion.   As both knee bars angle out, I presumed that was normal.  I could always try a light modification with a club hammer if necessary I suppose.  I'd consider getting myself a set of cuffs if I cannot sort it out- they do strike me as a bit more secure from reading round anyway.

I am down south- just outside Maidstone. in Kent- the Invicata Bockerz are very much the closest to me.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
Sounds like a plan  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: