Author Topic: French Powerbocking Contest 2010!  (Read 6851 times)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
French Powerbocking Contest 2010!
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
As many of you know me and Katy attended the French powerbocking contest held in Sarrebourg France which was held by the Hoff riser team, I have written a bit about what we did whilst we were their.

Friday - We arrived in Sarrebourg about 6pm where we were greeted by Mikael of the Hoff riser team, he took us back to the hotel where we unpacked are bags and then headed out for some food with the other people that had arrived already. This is where i got to meet the main importer of 7 league boots in france and 3 people from poland who we spent a lot of time with over the weekend, we chatted for a while and then went onto a local pub where we chatted some more then headed back to the hotel for some sleep after our 12 hour journey!

Saturday - we had breakfast at the hotel and then went on to the community center where we registered and had a welcoming from the Hoff riser team. we then had a lunch buffet and made our way outside where we all stilted up and headed to a meeting point, when we got here we were able to perform a bit infront of a small crowd and the rest of the bockers this is where we met two guys on highstriders ( neumatic stilts ) who were performing for us. we then were split into groups and sent on a treasure hunt round the city which entailed us finding landmarks and then performing challeneges at them, for example Most rotations in 30 seconds, long jump, getting up and running, basketball, hopping, two foot jumping and many more we finished around 6pm we then went back to the hotel and had a shower. we then returned to the community center where their was a lorry which had a pizza oven in so we all ate pizza and chatted at this point are table had become quite popular with people interested in us and my skips, we met Hugo who was a real funny french guy who could not understand katys accent. Their was a few people outside fire breathing as well which was pretty cool some people then went to the pub but we went back to the hotel as we were pretty tired and i had stilt issues that needed to be fixed.

Sunday - We had breakfast in town at around 9:30. Due to rain we then headed to the gymnasium which was huge and the competitions begun with kids long jump kicking things off, we then moved on to adult tripple jump and high jump. After a hour or so i got chatting to the manufacturer of Speedjumpers, him and his sons were building 3/4 pairs of their stilts and he asked me if i wanted a go i first tried the Quantum model of stilts which felt nice but had a few flaws ( main one being foot falling off the side) but i was jumping higher than on my skips he then said he would build a pair of Speedjumper pros for the afternoon for me to try. We went and had lunch at the athletics stadium and then returned to gymnasium for more fun and this is where i got to try Speedjumper professionals, and to be honest they made my skips feel like skyrunners they were truly amazing i did backflip 2 meters off the ground which was videod by a few people and according to numerous people i was jumping 2 meters 80 to 3 meters. I did a few links on them and then regretivly handed them back as i didnt have a spare 1200 euros to pay for them. I felt this was important to post as they completely have changed the boundaries of the sport the guy that one the highjump lance was on them he was a big bloke (15 stone) and still won the competition. We then got treated to freestyle competition and group freestyle which were amazing and i will upload videos and pictures when i have more time. we then watched the prizes being awarded which were pairs of stilts clothing etc we then went back to the hotel, and a lot of people left it was just us the russians and the 7 leagues importer left we went out to a local kebab shop where we had some food and chatted about the events etc

The weekend was absoloutly amazing ive missed a lot out of my post but the pictures and videos that will come out of this will show how good it was a huge thanks to the hoff riser team for making it a awesome meeting i will deffinatly  be going to the next one!

Sorry if punctuation / spellings out im really shattered !

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
Re: French Powerbocking Contest 2010!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:42 PM »
Sounds amazing, I'd really love to see some videos of those speedjumpers in action. From what I've heard I'd love to own a pair.

Leader of the

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »
You got a contact number for SpeedJumpers?
DC

Offline Birt

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:02:17 PM »
www.speedjumper.de
sadly their site is only in german and they do not sell outside germany because of license stuff. amazing stilts though.

worth mentioning is that Alexander Boeck was also there as a surprise guest.

among the 140 (i believe 142 but i'm not sure) participants were french, english, germans, polish, czech, russians, spanish and belgians. the big german guy that won the high jump did that by going over 2.4m!

Karim, one of the hi-strider jumpers, also set the first high jump record on pneumatic stilts at 2.68m. impressive.

there's video's popping up on youtube by now. just search for 'powerbocking french'.
for example the video of a polish guy doing a split kick over 2.3m
and paul self:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 01:54:31 PM by webmaster »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 11:11:36 PM »
speedjumpers have been around a long time. Long posts about them from last year on pp. People were sceptical about the videos but the dude never pushed his claims far and simply said come and try them. I think they looked awesome in performance back then and pauls experience looks the same.

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »
Paul you were getting huge height for what seemed like little effort in that video. I'm impressed.

If only I had the cash and time to go to germany and get a pair.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:46:42 PM by XDvandalDJ »
Leader of the

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
is it only me that cant see the video links then?
Glad you had a great time though paul!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:56:55 PM »
Thanks for the write up Paul, from the feedback Ive got from a few people it seems it was a fantastic event :)

Nero fixed the vids.

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 03:28:43 PM »
@Paul:

The Footplate in the Quantum are from the china manufacture. We decide to use Footplates made by Speedjumper if Selling will start. The main problem with the footplates is the width and a few minor problems. The new footplate will be from 5mm alu Made in Germany as the frame.

btw: I uploaded all my pics on fb. Search for "Speedjumper"

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Speedjumper/113603278669308?v=photos&ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=33864&id=113603278669308

There are all Pics in 2D and 3D (use Red/Cyan Glasses)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:32:48 PM by Speedjumper »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 03:33:02 PM »
Welcome to pjf lothar :)

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Tnx ;-)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
yeh amazing time and amazing pairs of stilts =) and cant wait to see them when the footplates saughted =)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:27 PM »
Hard to decide between Skips and SpeedJumpers now :S

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 10:10:17 PM »
We are not happy to say: We will not invent new jumpers. We will stop any invention immedeatly.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »
Are Speedjumpers not for sale then?

Offline Speedjumper

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:27:06 PM »
I am angry for the circumcances. Under this conditions, i will not make more any thing for the bocking community. Poor Endresult. We worked very hard for 5 years, but we are stopped by simple commercial reasons. The other Companies will be happy to see us ending this job. So no better Jumpers for years. Sorry about it.