Author Topic: hi from a newbie and his son in sunny old devon  (Read 4709 times)

Offline billymaya

hi from a newbie and his son in sunny old devon
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
hi guys well just stumbled upon this site and the forum how you all doing :) my names billy and have been bocking for about 3 or 4 months since i found a pair of jumping stilts at a local carboot (the coolest things i have ever found lol) the first set i picked up are a pair of skyrunners (ive read from the forum that these arnt brilliant) but they seem to be holding up ok the second pair we brought also from a carboot are a pair of blue powerskips with rachet straps (these arnt a brilliant type of strap as have found the red buckles break really easily) picked both sets up for £35 each so bit of a bargain :) my son is 14 and im 31 and we are just getting a feel for them,gone from nervously standing up straight in them to now running and jumping although not to high in the air, we have just started to take running jumps from skate ramps over in our local park, just wanted to say hello and look forward to being part of the forum :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: hi from a newbie and his son in sunny old devon
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
Hi there, welcome aboard :)

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:05 PM »
Hey, where abouts in Devon are you? Theres a group of us in plymouth and you and your son would be welcome to come to any of our meets, which are usually weekly

Offline billymaya

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »
hi squeeker and webmaster :)

we are up near okehampton but step sons dad lives down in plymouth so he is down that way every other week thanks for the invite thats very kind

still getting to grips with the sport trying to get out in them as much as we can as im totaly unfit lol cant tell you how many aches and pains i get the day after ive been on them lol a gazelle im definetly not lol really enjoying though and coming on leaps and bounds over the last few months

really enjoying the sport though :)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 10:36:07 PM »
Hey, I tend to organise the meets for the Plymouth group, if you would like to come along just visit our facebook group at

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=276939612368&ref=ts

or email me at

dark-castles@hotmail.com

We are all different ranges of skill levels, from begginers to people who can flip, and all different ages :)
DC

Offline TuRnER 95

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »
If your son comes I won't be the youngest unless his bday is before Saturday lol
But just come along at my first meet I had only just been walking for 3 days  :Ctwitcy:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:07 AM »
my sons 14 lol he's a bit better at it than i am damn him for being so young and supple lol he can get some good height in his stilts and we are already running up the skate ramps and jumping from the tops (scary for me the first time) but son has no fear

not sure if my powerskips are the real deal are there any other brands that come under the powerskip name??

ill look up up on facebook thanks

i used to work alot around the plymouth/saltash area doing deliveries so i know the area really well

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »
Just pop on a pic of your stilts and we should be able to tell you they are - at somepoint skyrunner sold under the powerskip name!

Offline billymaya

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »
no problem here they are :)

skyrunners

powerskips

im no expert so any help would be great :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 09:26:04 PM »
i missed this previously but ur images are no longer there :-o

Offline Small

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »
Welcome buddy!  :Csmile:
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »
they were skyrunners

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »
hey there there is a meet tomorow (friday) or saturday i'm back down from cumbria uni for the week visiting family and freinds so it would be great to meet you guys before i head bk up,

.parlby.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Hammy

• Voted RR's Group Clown
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »
So when do we get to meet you son

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »
i just stumbled upon this and this is totally  :offtopic:  but Hammy you couldn't of sounded more like a peedo just then XD

I welcome you new bocker to the very crazy, mad world of bocking. :) I too had Skyrunners but under the name of Powerskips they arn't built as good as the Projump ones and tend to rattle and grind which slows your bocking down ALOT I very much recommend you buy the new EXO range that Projump sell (if you really want to have some fun) yes they are a hefty price for a beginner but very much worth it in the long run I damaged both my knees and my ankles on my stilts because they where cheaply made which still cripples me today :(

But don't be put off XD lol this is a very very healthy and fun sport and heck when your about 7-8ft tall you feel awesome!

Aidan :Cwink:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:05:51 PM by aidanh1 »

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)