Author Topic: Gym Bungee Rig.  (Read 39919 times)

Offline spawnyb

Gym Bungee Rig.
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Hello All!

My eyes lit up last night at my weekly trampolining session.   Our Coach told us that they have just put in a bungee rig at the other gym he coaches at, and he is going to book up a Sunday for a 3 hour tramp session for us all.

My eyes lit up, as he said after the trampolining, I can spend some time on it in my stilts!  

:Ceek:    :Cchatterbox:    :Cbiggrin:   :Cbiggrin:   :Cbiggrin:   :Cbiggrin:

Of course assuming I get on ok and they don't ban me, I will enquire to the possibility of booking it for a full bocking session.

Al, if you're reading this, it's only 10 minutes from Bristol.   Tee Hee

Graham

Link to YouTube, and an example (sure this has been on here already)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:22:56 PM by spawnyb »
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline davejavu1969

Re: Gym Bungee Rig.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »
Hi there, noted with mucho interest your comments re the bungee rig in the Bristol area. I currently do adult tramp in Cheltenham and would be v. interested in any further info you have.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
Wanted one of these for a while Graham  :Cbiggrin:

I have the shock cord (bungee) 500 mts of it and the belt and all the clips

Just need somewhere to hang it and the courage to test it once it's built  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
We have access to a cirus tr***eze training thing called a lunge. It's a similar setup only its anchored and controller by a person at ground level and its with nylon ropes not bungee cord. It's safer simply because it wont drop you. I have no idea what would happen to someone on a bungee harness who just went for a flip and didn't really know what they were doing.

I've seen someone do it on our rig and they were fine. I'll see if I can find the videos.

Offline brianmurphy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
I just tried this once I think this was not my cup of tea .It's very difficult and tricky too.

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:54:25 AM »
Just need somewhere to hang it
Ha! we've got some where but need a belt harness! Tryed climbing harness and it didn't work! Ouch!  :Cno:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline urbantricker

• Front Flip at Southsea
    • Urban Tricking
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 01:28:27 PM »
Wow! I would love to come and have a go here!

Give me a shout if you ever set anything up.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »
yeah nylon webbing straps seem like a better idea for stilts, as then the stilts will do the bouncing, im gonna look into building one at work for the few of us who do use jumping stilts to practice on.
i figure even fully compressed your legs and stilts will be a longer distance than your waist to head, so as long as its set up right it should be pretty hard to land a flip on your head.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Ummmm I have a video of this in action somewhere. It's not pleasant but you can see whats going on.

Having experienced it, I dont really like it. I can really explain why. Either you're ready for backflip or you're not.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 11:39:44 PM »
I must admit that it could get a bit hairy if the bungees were long enough to let your head reach the ground

We had a thing called a Highboy at work (no I didn't get a go on it  :Cbiggrin: ) it was very long bungees but they hoisted you up on them so you were a long way from the floor (one of the Lara Croft movies had something similar

It gave a very slow up and down and was ideal for practicing to get timing right

The only down side was you could strangle yourself if you got it badly wrong  :Claugh:

I have enough bungee all I need is a barn now (or a stately home  :Claugh: )

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: