Author Topic: Dam! ! ! Wrong Springs  (Read 6722 times)

Offline clausewitz101

Dam! ! ! Wrong Springs
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:18:57 PM »
Well I've worked out why I'm not as bouncy as I should be. Only went n bought M80's despite only weighing 9st10 (I was hoping to pile loads of weight on, and ive worked hard to get to this) unfortunately this isnt likely to happen so I'm gonna have to get to grips with some spring changes when I get paid.

I am new to bocking but I'm sure when I get the right springs I'll be rocking even more.
Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better
Operation: Exile commenced 20/12/2011

Average guy with CF
www.cftraveller.blogspot.com

Offline TuRnER 95

Re: Dam! ! ! Wrong Springs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:24:17 AM »
Ah I have done worse

I weigh just under 8 stone and like u I went an brought m80s and I have never really got any height atall and the other day god no's how but I snapped the spring  :Ccry:

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
yo Josh i have a spare PJ spring, do you want it? it's either that or the sky runner :P  :woohoo: :biggrin:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline clausewitz101

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 12:49:30 PM »
Snapped! jaysus, well I havent managed to do that just yet so I'm waiting for payday to get me some hoofies and the correct springage.

Average guy with CF

Offline clausewitz101

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »
Eureka! ! I had my very own eureka moment, I actually thought about it earlier but this seems the perfect solution to my weight problem, ANKLE WEIGHTS, I'm guessing that this will not effect my C.o.V when bocking as the extra weight wont be shifting about (like it would if I put weights in a backpack or used wrist weights).

I'm gonna get me some 1st thing in the morning and I'll keep you posted

Josh/TuRnER it might help you out some also, well once you've got that snapped spring replaced.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:29:59 PM by clausewitz101 »

Average guy with CF

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
To tell the truth it does not matter about spring weight to much, when you have got the tecknique you can compress any :P I weight 10 1/2 stone and should be on m80's m90's ish, and easily I can bottom out on m120's it really is all about your teck, although I suggest getting your weight if you put to much force in it becomes more brittle, if I am on m90's they last alot longer :)
DC

Offline clausewitz101

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 10:41:14 AM »
Guess I'll just keep pounding the pavement, gravel track, or where ever else I feel the urge to bock

Average guy with CF

Offline clausewitz101

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
Bought some everlast ankle weights from Argos the heaviest they had was 2.3Kg and has helped a little. Will keepthis thread posted anyways.

Average guy with CF

Offline shreyongari

• If You Cant be a good example then be a warning.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:39 AM »
Does anyone have information about Roosevelt Dam Hot Springs, ... The 1993 floods scoured the canyon below the dam, sooo I might be wrong.

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »
Bought some everlast ankle weights from Argos the heaviest they had was 2.3Kg and has helped a little. Will keepthis thread posted anyways.

I dont think this is the way to go, the pj's are heavy enough without weights too.. Its going to kill you lol. Also tricks.. You wont be able to do any with all that weight on ur feet lol.

Offline LeoRus

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
To tell the truth it does not matter about spring weight to much, when you have got the tecknique you can compress any :P I weight 10 1/2 stone and should be on m80's m90's ish, and easily I can bottom out on m120's it really is all about your teck, although I suggest getting your weight if you put to much force in it becomes more brittle, if I am on m90's they last alot longer :)
DC

what he said :)

now my view. i weight around 60kg and my spring is for 70-80kg i think, says 70 on a spring but the seller said it's up to 80 :) anyhow.... i can pretty much bounce high enough and i don't think weight difference affects performance, especially once u get the hang of it. :) need weather to become less windy and nicer... then bocking will be continued.