Author Topic: eerrrrrr is this OK?  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Jabberbocky

eerrrrrr is this OK?
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »
I finally got my Pro-Jumps a couple of days ago, and have spent about  2 or 3 hours playing with them :) They're so much fun.
I took a short vid so I can look back at my n00b-self in the future and laugh!

So... Am I doing OK? Apart from generally being a bit of a klutz, am I getting into any bad habits?

I apologise for the awful clothing..... and showing off my chubby thighs- they are currently the kingdom of bruises, I think I might have to raise my footplates.....

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: eerrrrrr is this OK?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »
All looking good :) keep your legs straight and head up when jumping though :)

DC

p.s. I have seen alot worse legs :P good thing about thighs is muscle and fat looks the same on them so pass any unwanted fat off as muscle :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:29:36 PM »
Doing well there

You need to build some extra leg muscle that will stop the wobbles when you land

Nice recovery from the trip  :Cbiggrin:

Ditto DC look up when you jump (My main fault is looking down  :Claugh:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Forgot to add, keep your legs closer together, gives you a better centre of balance,

also what stilts are they, look so cool :P
DC

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
You've got some good bouncing going on there, and from the bocks.

...well someone had to say it

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
Hmmmm.... typical man :P

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
I would guess at PJ's DC  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »
lol, tut tut you lot need GF's :P and Jason you have a wife :P

Offline Jabberbocky

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

@DC - Head up, legs straight, yessir *salutes* Thanks for the tips  :Csmile: I have started to bring my legs closer together too. When I first started, the kneebars were banging together and I was over-compensating for that I think.
I have standerd Pro-Jumps DC, I just wound white duct tape round the springs to give 'em a bit of protection from scuffs and scr***es.  :Csmile:

@Jason - Thankyou! I can't help but laugh at myself every time I see that trip  :Claugh: I'm hoping to build up better leg muscles by practicing every day  :Csmile: and I will do my best to look up ^_^

@FunkyCowie - Harr dee harr. I thought you're already married? (and to a hottie) Its a fair point though, I do need a better sports bra. Probably one made of reinforced concrete.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »
Steals the white duck tape idea :D
Also you look like you are going forward a little when you are jumping.. Would suggest starting of jumpoing smaller, legs together head up etc. and gradually get bigger as your jumping :) really helped alot of the people in my group :)
DC

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
To be honest when I watched the video I was looking at your bocking skills and my wife was watching over my shoulder and made the bouncy comment as she was obviously looking at your womanly attributes :D

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:41:31 PM »
Hehe, excuses excuses :P I saw the bins first time I wantch it and had to go put bins out :P stupid bin day :(

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
the first time I got my stilts thanks to DC and 1 of the JJ's for putting spare parts into a pair of stilts for me in the middle of sidmouth.
Q (bmouthbloke) gave me the brilliant advice to looks at something in the distance such as a chimney pot of lappost and concentrate on it when your jumping.

another good thing which I find helps me is instead of flapping your arms all over the place use the trampoline technique of pushing your hands straight above your head as you take of from each jump :D

(i have no idea if anyone has mentioned this already only skim read other posts :P:Csmile:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Jabberbocky

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »
I've been doing tiny jumps (like 3 inches) whilst staring at the traffic lights down the street. Its really helping! I can bounce on a single square of the garden path for about a minute without bouncing out of the square or losing my breath. Its a big improvement methinks.
Thanks so much for the advice people, you've been a big help!  :Cyes:

Of course I still fall to temptation somethimes- I stomp the floor and fly about 3 feet into the air and flail my arms about like I'm having a seizure, trying to keep my balance- its really funny  :Claugh:

Whats not so funny is when I tried to Bock after it had rained. I jogged down the garden path, shifted my wieght to stop and both stilts went into a skid. I ended up tangled up in the apple tree at the bottom of the garden.  I'm not quite sure what happened, just that I got twigs in my hair and a bruised thigh.  :Ceek:

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 12:10:56 PM »
haha i know what it's like .the Bock-addiction comes to much.."it;s been raining, oh well lets go stilting anyway it won't be too bad" ended up spraining my wrist twice in 3 days :/, not good.

you found any groups up near wherever you are yet?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us