Author Topic: Correct Strap and Cuff Tightness?  (Read 3421 times)

Offline Rude Dog

• Radically Radioactive!
Correct Strap and Cuff Tightness?
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:23:58 AM »
Hi dudes and dudettes, I was just wondering how tight to your foot straps and calf cuffs need to be?
I've been tightening mine to the MAX but seem to hurt my feet if they are that tight?
What is your recommendation on foot and calf tightness?

:Cconfused:
Bocks: Pro-Jump Exo Pro / Air-Trekkers Extreme - CZ80s
I was sneaking and peeping and scoping the scene, you know copping a major 'tude,
when I cut loose this bunch of dweebs, boy time to teach them some rude! Eh, dog that is...

Offline BitLord83

Re: Correct Strap and Cuff Tightness?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:51:33 PM »
For my foot straps I only put them tight enough to hold my feet in place without them slipping around much. I certainly don't have to tighten them painfully. My calf cuffs are pretty tight, but also not really painfully so. I find more of the problem is making sure the foot straps and cuffs are adjusted to the right size and placement so that they're comfortable. If you have them right you can have them pretty tight and still be ok. I also find that after bocking for a little while I have to tighten them up a bit again once they "settle".

If there are any specific spots on your cuffs or foot straps that hurt, then you might want to experiment with adjusting the foot straps larger or smaller, and adjusting the cuff support bars up down and back and forth until you get a good all around solid fit. That will let you tighten them comfortably.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »
Yep not to tight
I start the bock with them a bit loose and tighten them one click at a time
If they start hurting I let them down one

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Rude Dog

• Radically Radioactive!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
Cheers ears!

My metatarsals were sore after a while so I loosened them a bit.

I'm just worried about breaking my ankles, since when skiing you have rigid boots but not on bocks.
Bocks: Pro-Jump Exo Pro / Air-Trekkers Extreme - CZ80s
I was sneaking and peeping and scoping the scene, you know copping a major 'tude,
when I cut loose this bunch of dweebs, boy time to teach them some rude! Eh, dog that is...

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
Naah don't worry about your ankles mate they are well supported by the frames

Worry about your knees hips wrists and b*m they all get hurt  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: