Author Topic: Hello from Savannah, Georgia.  (Read 2889 times)

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
Hello from Savannah, Georgia.
« on: August 10, 2010, 10:59:35 PM »
Hello,

I just thought I'd finally post my introduction. I'm DJ. I've been powerbocking since June 2008. I've been an active member of another bocking forum so I've never created an account here. I simply lurked from time to time.

I organize and run my own powerbocking club here in Savannah, Georgia. www.XDBockers.com

I'm not originally from Georgia. I grew up in Illinois but moved to Tennessee by myself for work after graduating high school. Then I again moved to Iowa to be near family. That lasted a year and I moved to Georgia for romantic reasons.

I've powerbocked in all these states and have created small groups along the way. My biggest yet is down here in Savannah.

Anyways, thanks for the time. I'll be sure to post here more often.
Leader of the

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Hello from Savannah, Georgia.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »
Cool website, loving the tricks section, Just because the OCS section isn't done just wondering if you want to know what one is :P if you already know then it doesn't matter :D
DC

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:05:06 AM »
I know what one is. I just haven't had the time to write it up. I've been trying to do them from my own use. The OSC isn't a trick I've tried more than a couple times so I haven't written it any tips or guides for it.

But yeah my trick pages should be cool when I've finished. Eventually they'll all have pictures, videos, descriptions, and guides.
Leader of the

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean about the OCS I have tried it many times, Ive found the best way is to to kind of start at a spring grab and get better and better :P kinda gives you the motion of an OCS
DC

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 12:19:00 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean about the OCS I have tried it many times, Ive found the best way is to to kind of start at a spring grab and get better and better :P kinda gives you the motion of an OCS
DC

It's kinda like when you do the back grab. Except instead of grabbing your spring you've got to pull your leg in tighter to get your foot.

But hey you inspired me. I'm going to write that up and add some better details later.

Notice any tricks I'm missing?
Leader of the

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »
You are missing

-Tuck
-Back Scratcher
-Single back scratcher
-Double Back Scratcher
-Front Flip
-Back Flip
-Birani
-Half Moon
-Double Kicker
-Toe Touch

hmm... there is more :D

Ooo and for the Check for gum I suggest using the image below, it's the best check for gum Ive seen :P from Kiola (created the Riser Raptors)

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »
I'll have to ask Kiola to use it before I update my page.

I've been trying to only use pictures that are from me or my members. Though we don't have a group camera at the moment so I haven't been able to get any.

But I was planning on maybe making a different page for flipping and the different tricks involved.

Oh I've got the tuck on my basic trick page.

Leader of the

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:40:10 AM »
Ahh I skipped the basic trick page :P This is a good trick page worth looking at if you have not seen it before

www.swebounce.com/powerisertricks.php

Kiola is easyier to find on FaceBook under the name Simeon :P
DC

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 02:22:31 AM »
he hops on pp from time to time. Also I think I've already added him on facebook. Hmmm.
Leader of the