Author Topic: New Bmth bockspot  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
New Bmth bockspot
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »
OK , I think Bmth has some great places for us to bounce about.  But, like most coastal resorts, most of the spots are on the thin seaside strip. Which gives rise to 2 problems. In the summer the places are too packed with people to bounce about. The areas are also very exposed to the elements, so at other times of the year the year the spots can just be 'blown out'. Even when the weather is good the ground can be covered in 'mini sand dunes'.

So Ive been rather keen to find bockspots a bit furthur inland.  But what to look for?  I put foreward my ideal criteria, then see wot I found!

Big car free flat area
Stuff for beginners, so low walls, rails to hold onto
Then progressing, walls getting higher, steps , vaulting areas, stuff to jump on and over
'Facilities', Shops, take aways, loos etc
Audiance, hey nice to show off and possibly recruit, but not too big a crowd such that we or them are a problem.

Well, last Saturday afternoon I went of on an errand for my parents to a part of town that , suprisingly, i have not been to for quite a few years.....

'The Triangle'

This is on the northern edge of the town centre at the top of a hill ( the beach being on the southern side). Centred on a 3 sided, erm, square ( hence name). Its, literally just round the corner from such shops as , M&S, H&M, HMV, Animal, Anne Summers :o , Zara, Republic etc.

The square itself is surrounded by a number of takeaways , a Tesco Express, 'King Bong' and erm a Gaynite club, a Gay bar ( with 2 more just round the corner + a drag caberet club ::) ) , so yep got the lot.....yep even the kitchen sink ( a Kitchen showroom there too).

Its next to a multi storey car park and being at the edge of the town centre its a major transit point with people passing thru to and from shopping and beach.

The square used to be a rather unsightly bus interchange. But, with the gradual pedestrianisation of the town centre it had become obsolete and has had a matching 'make over'.

The following morning ( Sunday) I stopped off onroute to Portsmouth to take a few pix ( so no1 bouncing about soz) . Judge for yourselves........

low walls promising

bit closer

check, car free area

OOO, diff size steps, wall getting higher and grass- for slightly softer 'landings'

from the other end

differenr angle

Well, thats it, I thought. But walking back to my car I noticed these 2 planters. Sadly both a lil neglected and out of focus

But worth jumping on and over. It was then that I noticed the steps......

this set...

...and this 1

Then thru the trees below.....

ooops wrong thread ;D

These last blocks are just over the wall outside the park and are in Bmths 'middle gardens' and am reminded that there are a few nice spots here and it leads back to bmth square and more bockspots.

Well Im quite chuffed ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:41:37 AM by Bbmthbloke »