Author Topic: Avarage spring life  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Small

Avarage spring life
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
Hi all, just a quick question.

How long on average do a pair of springs last? I understand that amount of use, damage ect will have an affect.

I'm just trying to get an idea so I know I'm not going to have to spend out on a new set every three months. 

Thanks.
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Avarage spring life
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
Real sticky subject this mate

My first set lasted about six months of high use  use ( twice or three times a week or about 6 hrs a week)
They then became a bit soft so I bought some new ones and they lasted less time due to me doing a lot more hours

Having said that my first set of springs are still useable if I don't mind bottoming them

I know people who have had a set of springs for well over a year and they are still going strong so it really does depend on your technique and how hard you bock (and how fit you are)

But most people get 6 months + out of their first set of springs and at 70 ish quid a set that is cheap fun

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Small

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »
Thanks Jason. That is the perfect answer mate, I was expecting someone to bang on about damage ect

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09:05 AM »
Unfortunately in my experience PJ springs don't last me long, 1-2months at the very most :( But I am a rough stilter and put a lot of force into the springs. Even when they are 40KG above my weight class :P
So not very long in my case :(
DC

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 05:27:13 AM »
mmm this reminds me...... :Claugh:

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:31:46 AM »
ive had mine for 1 1/2-2 years and there still going strong. im getting better and i dont think im that much of a soft user as wore mine in in about 1 month. although im nothing like eales09 or DK when it comes to abuse.

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline Small

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
Mine should be here on Friday iv gone for the M80 even though I way around the 60kg mark. Bocking here I come!!!!! :Cwink:

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 06:34:30 PM »
My Poweriser 5070s lasted about a year, although I had them for two years, i spent a long time off them due to surgery lol.

No breakages though, pretty good.