Author Topic: Crashed again...  (Read 3088 times)

Offline FunkyCowie

Crashed again...
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
I have been practicing getting height and finally found the correct timing to create more down force today, however I have been neglecting my running technique, luckily I wasn't lazy and wore my motocross armour as at top speed my bocks caught and I skidded about 15+ feet according to a laughing passerby thanks to the plastic :D

Damage Done: Even though I initially landed on my knee then my back I just have quite a lot of concrete rash to the plastic but could have been my skin!

Moral: Definately wear protection!!!

I really need to fix my bad habit of having my springs going towards one another slightly. I just ejected my bocks, walked over to a bench, checked my knee and got back on :D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Crashed again...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
I remember my first fall while running and thank god I had my wrist guards on or I'm sure I'd have damaged both wrists.
Even now I get uneasy when really sprinting. I'm not worried about clipping my feet on the ground (you learn that the first time!) but slipping on the ground worries me. Any gravel bits, different coloured bits on the path and I totally avoid them like the plague. Infact, if I dont know the area really well, I probably wouldnt run faster than a jog anyway, purely for the safety factor.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
lol one of our new members fractured his elbow on sunday whilst running with no pads

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Squeeker

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »
Moral: Definately wear protection!!!

Lol :P :Cwink:

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »
Tut Tut Matt  you disappoint me :P