Author Topic: Wobble when walking downhill...  (Read 3574 times)

Offline ToGGoT

Wobble when walking downhill...
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »
Hi guys, had my Pro Jumps +s two days now, and am getting on pretty well. Have mastered walking, running, can bounce pretty well, and can hop on each leg.

Im pretty sure i've got the height of the cuffs right, and they're comfortable when done up tight - i've got big feet, so the bindings dont allow my feet to slop at all.

The problem ive got is that we've got a steep hill down to our house, and walking down that, i seem to get a twitch back up through each stilt, so that each step seems to pull the stilt towards the outside of the leg. This is a bit disconcerting, and i'm wondering if its normal - i dont get it at any other time, running or walking.

The only thing i can think of is that maybe the supports for the cuff are set too wide apart, but i've got them so that the cuff is tight, so i would think that would be ok?

Thanks for your help.

ToGGoT

Offline Squeeker

Re: Wobble when walking downhill...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
Its the calf cuffs that are set up wrong here, probably one side is too far to the edge, try adjussting them slightly and it should help :)

Or we could help you set them up properly on our next meet  :Csmile:

Squeeker

Offline FunkyCowie

Re: Wobble when walking downhill...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 06:51:35 PM »
I found I had this problem at first, but it seemed to take time before I could get the hang of really yanking the calf cuffs tight enough, now everything is rock solid. I also found once I was upright I could tighten the foot straps a couple of notches more if I leant against a wall.