Author Topic: Nero, K-rock and Dublin  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Nero, K-rock and Dublin
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:14 AM »
its friday the 4th of june, 5:00am and im wondering why in the world i agreed to this, k-rock and i have to get the car loaded and head over to the workshop of a company who we have just started doing some work for, we have to be there at 6:30 to leave for holyhead, to jump on the ferry to dublin, for a weekend of bocking work.

"im on a boat aaaaaaaand"

so we head over the water and take in the wonderful views of a home we never returned to (our fathers were Irish), and soon enough we are at the hotel, just next door to the venue

"hotels can be boring"

so soon enough its time for work, we have already seen the costumes we are gonna be working in, ive already done a backflip in it, and landing them sucked, but this being one of the biggest jobs k-rock and i have done so far, its not just a matter of sticking on a costume and going out, no no no, we had lyrca, AND MAKE UP to get on.......

"yes we were hot, sweaty and covered in black make up so we looked like rejects from 30 seconds to mars, or a very bad kiss cover band"
but we were working with a great team, one of the girls we worked with kept flashing us...

I had some fun with a "thing" i found

and k-rock was so popular he got a big hand and.....

i gave him a sharpie magnum tattoo.

so we had to get our game faces on and do what they paid us to do...

"k-rock working"

"me working"

and what a response we got, the crowd in the club loved us and i must have taken easily over 1000 pictures with different groups of people over the weekend while in costume, i got touched up left right and centre but hey, im ok with that :P, one of the fuel girls put it on me, i obviously refused, but its always nice aint it
"us in the thick of it"

"this fuel girl wanted me :P"

so all in all it was an epic weekend, we were taken to the job, put up in the premier inn for the weekend, with huge breakfasts, free drinks at the club after work and a ride home too, plus we must have done well as the company we done the work for offered us free guest passes to download a few days after we landed home, unfortunatly it was my youngests birthday party, and i love rage against the machine, but i love my kids more
"Ché's birthday"

"daddy bout to get whiplash"

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Nero, K-rock and Dublin
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43:49 AM »
Best thread in a good while ;) Sounds like you had an awesome time! Did you flip in those costumes?? Looks impossible  :Cerr: Anyway, really enjoyed reading this thread! Look forward to reading about some more of your little adventures soon! Nice one and you are pretty sweet. I know a lot of people that would have gone to download  :Cnotworthy:

(that bouncy castle wall flip looks low  :Claugh: )

:spudT:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »
its not low, it was the perfect height, to land a wall flip on your head anyway :P

yeah i did throw out a few backflips in the demon costume, which was top scary to land to be honest, you can see the floor, your hooves touch down and then you have a big latex mask blocking your view of everything, i also found i wasnt getting as much height as normal, but i put that down to the weight of the costume itself, and them big overly furry legs made jumping tricks slightly harder, but for some reason made straddles feel and look awesome, and im not a fan of the fruity ol straddles, to much like FAME!! lol

Thanks though spud, it was a hard desicion if im honest, what with rage against the machine being the top of a long list of artists i would have loved to have moshed out to, but if im honest it was an epic day.
It always is, i have amazing friends and neighbors, the bouncy castle was only £55 but it had all the kids (and some of us adults) in the neighborhood entertained all day, fired up the bbq, got some beers in and it was the stuff of legend.

*while writing this reply the company we done the work for has just phoned me and asked if we fancy going to belfast for a 4 day weekend on the 24th.

This is a testament to those of you who love bocking, PRACTICE, be nice to people and promote your sport.
This is honestly what i dreamed of when i started bocking, to be able to get paid to bock, to do something i loved so much, its a dream come true.
Once again i salute my wife, who bought me my first stilts, a new sport and a whole new way of life.
:D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »
Haha! Brave to flip wearing that thing! You got any pics of your awesome straddles??

I don't think you can beat a BBQ with mates :) So chilled ;) I'm well happy for you getting work! Congrats and keep taking pics :)

:spudT:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
great post Nero, thanks for sharing! Loving the pics :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
Well done

And great costumes

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 01:30:32 PM »
Hahaha it was a brilliant weekend, and it looks like we're going to repeat it soon

Bock 'n' Roll!!