Author Topic: 29th 7th Birmingham Meet  (Read 7387 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
29th 7th Birmingham Meet
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:28:34 AM »
so we are doing it again, birmingham city centre, sunday the 27th of june
bouncing from 11am (yes i said 11 am) in "pidgeon park" or the grounds to birmingham cathedral
anyone needing any more details pm me and ill sort you out, ill also give anyone who needs it my mobile number via pm, although my phones a quiet one at a meet and you may have to ring me 5 times before i hear it.
come bounce with us, learn new stuff, join the madness

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline MDLuffy

Re: 29th 7th Birmingham Meet
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »
Yeah ill be there again and this time i wont runoff and disappear  :Csmile:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »
mate run off as often a you want, as long as you dont think it was us that done the runner its all good :P

as i put in the post, i often miss my phone, and less often put credit on it, so if i miss a call i just wait for them to call back, i did feel bad at the end of the last meet when we hadnt met up with you again, i had thoughts of a lone bocker, just missing us each time we moved spots lol

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline MDLuffy

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:56:36 AM »
well i doubt ill go off anyway, and i think its time to do that front filp  :Csmile:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 01:13:51 PM »
I'm home for this, but might still make it along, you never know :)

Offline Gavin leicester

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
I am new to this and might be to old..i am 38 !!! but feel 21 !! i have my PJs for about 3 months but not been out that often, i want to use them to run the 2 miles to work......am i being unrealistic ?

dos your meet in birmingham cater for complete beginners?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
dont worry abut age...i beat u by a bit.  running 2 miles  erm to be honest might be pushing it ( tho i cant run 2 miles anyways so dunno)  did walk 18 K on um 2 weeks ago ..but ded knackered doing it.  beginners?  not unknown for total noobs to be lent a pair at a meet un given a quick lesson  ....then  das it hooked   ...both with the sport  and have to complete the meet

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »
A few of the NEWCs were planning to go to Telford on 27 to meet MDLuffy and Brum isn't much further :Ceek: So we would like to join you if that's K? Can you give us some details on wher we are going, parking etc :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline CJ

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »
it looks like its shaping up to be an epic meet

there are plenty of multi story car parks withing the city center although they are a bit on the expensive side, may i suggest you look into getting the train ( a favourite bock spot is outside a pub) if you still want to drive maybee look into driving to somewhere just outside the city and train / bus it in.

im really looking forward to this meet now its gonna be awesome

Team Sky High FTMFW

CJ

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »
Yeah baby!!!!!

Snud, your welcome to come down, i "think" some of the car parks in the city centre are actually free on a sunday, i will check on this and get back to you, but we will be bouncing in the city centre as it has some lovely spots, and we also dont really get moved on very much anymore.

Offline MDLuffy

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »
This it Really looking like it going to be a awsome day  :Claugh:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
Cheers Guys, we're looking forward to it. We have to come by car its too expensive on the train for a few of us but we need a non hight restricted carpark, Land Rover 7'2"  :Ceek:
If you can give us the heads up on parking that would be great! if not we will try to find Park and ride or somthing. :Cyes:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 11:59:54 AM »
Ah cool. I'll come to this. ...Might even bring stilts this time. LOL. ^_^
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 12:16:48 PM »
This looks like a promising meet! Yeah complete noobs are welcome, we usually have enough people to impart wisdom on them and make them awesome xD

Looking forward to it guys

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline BigAl

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
Count me there! Word on the street is Nero and K-RocK can't make it but aint replied yet on here yet. But yeah, Sunday at 11 sounds SCHWEET!! Invite as many bockers as you know and be in Pigeon people!! Looking forward to what should be an epic meet. If anyone gets lost on the way give us a ring, PM me for my number if you think you may get lost peeps. Happy Bocking and see you all Sunday!!

Big Al!
Big Al

Hoping to help make Bocking the new Tony Hawks!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 07:59:42 AM »
Yes unfortunatly k-rock and i are off to belfast to work this weekend, i thought the job had been cancelled, but i found out late monday that we are still on.
Fear not though, in the capable hands of CJ and Big al im sure youll all have an epic day still.
Sorry we cant make it guys, but the more epic we make the sky high name, the more of you lovely bouncy people we can bring up with us :D

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 11:41:03 AM »
Yeah we're sorry, but you don't need us to have an awesome meet! Lets hope Tim goes though otherwise you won't be able to give Nero's adoring fans the backflips they need xD

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »
Ok Guys we got about 7 NEWCs comin down for this so who is guna be contact so we can give you a shout when we get there for directions?
 :Cwideeyed:PM me please and so we can swop mobile number for last min instructions

Cheers

SNuD :Cyes:

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:45 AM »
Gutted we missed this one, but I'm sure we'll have some epic stories to share with you guys when we get back! We've already seen a mad man get angry in front of a big fallus statue

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 09:48:26 PM »
Calling any Sky High that are going to be there, or anyone else that knows where its all happening! :Cyes:
I need a contact number, we are planning to come down on mass, well half a doz of us and will need to be able to find you, cos we dnt know Brum at all. :Cchatterbox:
Can some on who is def going to be there pm me to swop mobile numbers pls :Crolleyes:
Or we can't come  :'(

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 10:55:45 PM »
What an ace day! The N.E.W.C.s went Sky High and had a great meet with some great guy.  :Cyes:
Shame the same can't be said about the footy :Cno:
Thanks Sky High :Cyes: