Author Topic: Wooo hoo!!!  (Read 3000 times)

Offline FunkyCowie

Wooo hoo!!!
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
7th go on my bocks in a nearby park (about 10 hours in) and I was so knackered after about 1.5 hours I had to rest... after a suitable rest and many curious people walking by and asking what I had on my legs I thought 'How the expletive am I going to get up?' there were still people around so I had an audience. I tried the proper method and failed because I just couldn't get forward enough (not that I have a gut or anything to get in the way, just not flexible enough I think) so I pretended to tighten things  :Claugh:

Anyway I was just about to give up and too little kids came along with their mom and asked a few questions and they wanted to know what they are for... so I explained what professionals can do and the kids asked what I can do so I said walk and run but admitted I can't get up so I might have to take them off. So they stood there watching :Ccry:

So I thought 'Ok more pressure... ' the child in me said 'I gotta try and impress these kids'  :Claugh:

I remembered K-rocks method and tried it... it was a little awkward at first but once I felt my weight shift forwards, a little push, and I was up

Wooo hooo!!!

:Cnotworthy: K-Rock

EDIT: Thanks to Sam-pro-stilt-Bessey I now have M-90's (99Kgs) on my Projumps so I can get used to that and work towards using the 110's (116kgs) I originally bought... though initially it feels like there is not much difference. I weigh 89Kgs by the way.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:15:54 PM by FunkyCowie »

Offline Bacon Miller

Re: Wooo hoo!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:26:11 AM »
Haha nice one. I try really hard not to sit myself down if I have an audience (even if my legs really ache) because I can't get up yet. :P It's pretty awkward, what with my small legs. ^_^

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:09:15 AM »
ahhh Wicked, so glad that video was useful to someone

im sure k-rock will be impressed, many of us have tried his method, and until now he was the only one who could use it, so once again congrats

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline stuart133

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »
Hmmm, I really do need to learn to get up. Falling over and crawling along the pavement to a lamppost really isn't a good look. And the group of people watching were laughing far too hard.   :Cno:

Offline FunkyCowie

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »
I tried again today, just to see if it was a fluke, I succeeded. But I still can't get up 'the correct' way...