Author Topic: Hoofs  (Read 9573 times)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
Hoofs
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
hay ppls with powerskips my rubber on my hoof keeps coming off i keep taking it to a shoe place to get them restuck but its will were off again within about 2 hours of hard use how can i stop this or dos any one know if 7's hoofs will fit on powerskip frames

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Re: Hoofs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
Hey Greggles, best person to ask would be Jason, I know he made hoofies for tundraH for his powerskips so I don't know if that is the way to go.

We do have http://www.powerskip.de/repairkitsole.html these kit in stock somewhere if you are interested.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:28 PM »
Sadly the material is no longer available

Clive had the same problem with one and he took his to a local chain and it seems to have stayed on since
The other one came loose and he used Evostick on it and that seems to have stayed put

So maybe you just got a bad shoe repairers I know the wife used one and the heels came off so she changed

Simpsons seem to be quite good

Other alternative is you could drill 4 holes in each hoof and fit Mk3 hoofies

Most hoofs will fit other stilts but you normaly need the bottom bracket too

Having said that the bolts on the bottom of the Skips are smaller than all the other stilts

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
If you haven't already, a good alternative is to take the Stilts and Rubber to a Shoe Repair shop. I Did it back when I used Powerskip Hooves.

They will look a little puzzled at first but they do a great job of Glueing/Tacking the Rubber back on and then sanding it to a nice shape. Usually done it for free for me at my local.. but i cant see it costing any more than £5 for there time.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 06:44:54 PM »
Clive had a bit of trouble with his Skip hoofs and despite trying the local shoeshop they came off again (must be a ropey shoe repairer  :Claugh:)

We drilled clives hoofs to take Hoofies and that seems to have worked

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:28 PM »
haha yea.. The Glue sometimes doesnt just do the trick.. gotta Pin them on with tacks or Nine inch Nails to be sure!! :P

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline acroair

• acroair.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »
yes 7s hoofs fit but be careful as it changes the geometry a little and brings the spring closer to the back of the frame , as it recoils can hit and slowly damage spring.

as for the rubber its called cra pe  and found loads of it in germany lol  ! i have tried lots of ways to hold on , but found the best to be evo stick contact glue , and once on it has never come of .

chris@acroair.co.uk
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:24:44 PM by stiltninja »

Offline bendover90

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
hey man

i got 7 league hoofs on my powerisers, but it took a bit of fiddling to get them on and i broke the bearing cradle in the processs

so if you chose to take it easy