Author Topic: Am I way too tall to do (or learn to do) Tricks ???  (Read 6151 times)

Offline JumpingMad

Am I way too tall to do (or learn to do) Tricks ???
« on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »
Hello,

I am 16 years old buying M110 stilts, I weight around 95 kgs and am 6 Ft 6" tall,

I was wondering if I use them for a long time and get used to them do u think I will be able to do tricks and possibly jump tricks ?

Thanks

JM

Offline spawnyb

Re: Am I way too tall to do (or learn to do) Tricks ???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
Hi again,

There is no reason I can see why you shouldn't be able to do tricks on 110s.  Vaults, split kicks, Japan air etc should all be fine as they're all just a case of getting enough height to give you time to do the trick, and then just Technique and practice.

The other guys on here may know better.  When it comes to flips, that might be a little different, but I imagine that as you are still young and probably flexible, it should still just be a case of enough height and being able to tuck sufficiantly.

Can you do flips either on the trampoline or with trampetts for gymnastics?

Graham

Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline JumpingMad

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »
Hi,

I can do front flips on the trampoline but have not been able to try a backflip :P
I hope that will be enough, the only problem is to try and find a place to try and practice?

I was thinking of asking my school because they have enough crash mats and i will defo be needing those.

Thanks again
JM

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:45 AM »
hey, their should be no reason why it affects you, im 6 ft and have no problem and theirs people a lot taller than me that flip around. You deffinatly wont have any more trouble than anyone else tricking :)

Offline bendover90

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 12:04:09 PM »
agreed, im 6ft 2 ish and i have no problems the only difficulty i have is, i onlky have a 90 degree range of motion in my left leg so when i tuck for flips its not as tight as id liek it to be.

hope this helps, ben

Offline XDvandalDJ

• XD
    • XD Bockers
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:33:03 PM »
I'm 6 foot 6 and have no problems bocking.
Leader of the

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »
this is tundrah and hannah hannah is 5ft so i dont think u should have any problem

Offline JumpingMad

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies ... makes me feel better knowing I am not too tall to trick  :Claugh:

Can you spread the word around we will be starting up a Scottish Bocking group and would love any outside help with teaching tricks and such likes.

THanks again

JM

Offline RRparlbystumble

• i spend more time repairing, than bocking.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
hey JM joined up your group on facebook and i'm bk in carlisle next week so we can arrnage to meet half way and finding a good spot and i''ll happily show you some good techniques. and i'm sure there things you can teach me aswell :)..no flipping tho i'm afraid :Claugh:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline JumpingMad

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »
Hey dude,

That would be amazing unfornutanly I have my exams that week and will do for the next couple of weeks  :Ccry:   I am soo sorry that the first invite I get I have to decline but it does mean once my exams are over I can dedicate myself to bocking and getting this group up and running...

Thanks again and no worries I cannot do anything but jump and run at the moment :P bit rusty

Jumping Mad