Author Topic: Newbie here: which weight springs? different brands interchangeable?  (Read 4026 times)

Offline EricBock

I just bought some Skyrunners with 110kg springs. But to my horror when I stepped on a scale I came in at 117.5kg! So, I am thinking of getting the heavy duty springs for 120kg. Questions:
1. Can I use my 110kg springs until I get the new ones or is this dangerous?
2. Are springs from different brands interchangeable?
3. Any recommendations on where to buy springs online? I live in Japan so cheap shipping is appreciated.

EricBock

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
A bit of a difficult situation really,
1. You are safe to use the springs, not a lot will happen. They will just bottom out very easily.
2. Most springs from different brands are interchangeable, I have not found any yet that don't change.
3. 120KG springs are the highest you can buy, you are better of getting them from Pro-Jump (they tend to be stiffer)

Also thought I might include that you want to buy 20KG above your weight class, so you would be looking for 130-140KG springs (I don't know if they exist)
Hope this helps
DC

Offline NightCrawl

Skyrunners combined with 117,5 kg of human sound pretty dangerous to me, as these stilts tend to break or bend..

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
A bit of a difficult situation really,
1. You are safe to use the springs, not a lot will happen. They will just bottom out very easily.
2. Most springs from different brands are interchangeable, I have not found any yet that don't change.
3. 120KG springs are the highest you can buy, you are better of getting them from Pro-Jump (they tend to be stiffer)

Also thought I might include that you want to buy 20KG above your weight class, so you would be looking for 130-140KG springs (I don't know if they exist)
Hope this helps
DC

1. Skyrunners safe, interesting statement haha
2. I agree with you on that
3. 120kg springs are the highest you can get. But projump do not stock them. Powerisers do 90-120's and skyrunners do like anything.

130/40 springs do not exist.

Also, the guy is in japan so I would say that ordering a set of projump springs is off the table. It may be possible to source a pair of FL/flyjumper/projump stilts I would just say that even if it was possible it wouldn't be the best way of doing it. i'd probs try get a pair from a factory coz I doubt there are any dealers about.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
2) New springs from the PowerStrider Olympic/PJ "Prototype" design aren't compatible, not only because they have a hole drilled into the middle of them but because they're about an extra 2cm longer.
3) I'd recommend contacting FlyingLocust/FlyJumper/Whatever they're called now, and seeing if they can put you into contact with a local dealer - http://www.flyjumper.com/htm/enindex.asp (Don't believe everything they say though, the statement on their homepage of "We are the only one manufacture that get the authorization of Patent Holder Mr.ALAN Sportartikel GmbH!" is frankly laughable)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:41:50 AM by sprog »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
I recon they would fit Sprog (7's are much shorter but Clive used Skip springs on his for ages)

Problem would be the width of the spring wouldn't go into the hoof  :Cbiggrin: now wheres my hammer  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: