Author Topic: Help with Pro-Jump +  (Read 4419 times)

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
Help with Pro-Jump +
« on: May 02, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
Has anyone else got a pair of pro-jump+?

My velco straps are different lenghts! Is this the same for anybody else or are they meant to be the same?

Davey :Cconfused:

Offline binop9

Re: Help with Pro-Jump +
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
Hiya mate

I have projump+'s

it would be better for everyone if you could post a pic here so we can see just how far out they are and then be able to advise you further... in fact post 2 pics 1 of the calf straps undone and another with your leg in the stilt and the straps done up showing the excess strap.

Chris - Binop9
Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People in Large Groups...

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:35:32 PM »
Even better, I took them off.

Difference is 3 1/2 inches.

Offline XS

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »
does it really matter? as long as you can get it through the buckle properly the rest doesn't matter.

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 05:58:45 PM »
I think it does, if the straps are different lengths and they shouldn't be, what else could be different.

Say the m60, m70 and m80's all come with a velcro strap of 41cm or 16 inches, but m90+ all come with 49cm or 19 1/2 inch strap.

Could that mean that my stilts are different? Been mis-boxed? Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem, if so then no more investigating needs to be done.

One of my stilts feels weird, less bounce in it, and always try's to push me to one side, I've swapped the bindings over today to see if that makes any difference and while doing this swap noticed the different length in straps.

Thanks.

Davey.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:51:09 PM »
First point of contact should be Pro-jump

Packing mistakes do happen but if you check on the bottom of the spring there will be a number

If the numbers are the same on both springs the stilts are OK and they have just sent you one wrong cuff

so check the numbers and call PJ on tuesday (I know it's a pain but everywhere is closed over the holiday )

Alternatively if you can live with the different length straps and the springs are the same weight it shouldn't be a problem so long as they do up

But if you want them changed don't use them until you have contacted PJ

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
Hi just drop me a pm with your order details (just need delivery name & address) and I'll get another cuff out to you

Regards
Naz

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »
I've checked the numbers on the bottom and they are the same (didn't know they were numbered). Now that I've swapped the cuffs over the one that felt like it wasn't right feels a bit better, I wonder if the one on my dominate leg had just bedded in better, making the other feel like it was off and hard. We'll see. Been out on them tonight, and jumps are getting better.

Thanks for your help.

Naz I've just sent you a pm, thanks for the quick reply.

Davey.