Author Topic: Impulse  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Mike23

Impulse
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
Hello all.

Names Mike and as of coming saturday i hope to be in possession of my new bocks :)

Was online earlier think about something different to do this summer and came across these and then 15 minutes later the order was placed!
I can genuinely say iv not been this excited about anything a very long time! (despite the betting my friends have going as to which bone i break first!)
Still i look forwards to get padded up and strapped in and hopefully meeting some new friends

Mike

P.S I live in Reading im 23 and an aquarius:)

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Impulse
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »
Heya, congrats on buying something more addictive than smoking :D Once you start stilting you can stop :d nice to meet you, hope to see you around one day :P
And can I get in on the bet, I put £10 on wrists :P
DC

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »
I miss that feeling :)
You'll probably realise when you get them on that they can be dangerous and you need to learn as you go....alternatively break bones as you go.

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »
Hi Mike, and welcome.

Whilst I'm not local to Reading, we do tend to have regular meets in Basingstoke to which a couple of other Reading locals go.  I travel up from Bath to some of these. 

Assuming I remember, I'll give you a shout next time we have one, and maybe you can pop along.

I'm still learning, so I'm sure you will overtake me in no time.

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
Hi Mike and welcome.Yep  there is a nice new group springing up around you ( TV Bockerz) with people not only in reading but newbury, bracknell and basingstoke as well. Being nice and central to the south of england its pretty regular for people to turn up to meets from quite far afield.  I even managed a freezing meet in Reading in Jan from Bournemouth    Tho this w/e the group appears to be going to Somerset d'oh

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
Tis only likely to be a one off I expect.  Making the most of the use of crash mats etc, and fiding a gym to use in the rainy weather.

:Cyes:

Offline Mike23

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 05:41:13 PM »
Thanks for the welcome all!
Hehe yup im under no illusions as to the steepness of the learning curve ahead but il just take it easy and let the old trusty noggin work out what im comfortable/capable of doing  :Nero:

Lol yes DC you can but you wont get good odds! youd be better off with something like breaking a toe  :Csmile:

Cheers for that Spawny and Bmb, i look forawrd to meeting some new like minded people just cant believe its forcast for rain this weekend, grrrrr. Tho alls not lost and got the bankholiday monday to play as well and if all else fails its the beer and ale festival in Reading this weekend  (prob not a good mix with bocks!)

Hopefully meet some of you soon

Mike

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:05:06 PM »
You'd be more than welcome to crash my gym meet if you wanted on Sunday, although I appreciate its about an hour and half from reading so not local.

Rains no problem then, and there will be three others there twho want to try stilts for the first time.

Graham

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:35:15 PM »
Hi Mike

Fellow Aquarian here  :Claugh:

If you can't make Grahams Gym we are having a London meet on Sunday or Monday (depends on the rain)

And we (Hanworth Banned ) have a local meet or join the TV's most weekends and you are welcome to attend

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
yea your welcome to join our newly formed group the T.V Bockerz (thames valley) were not on the map yet but we hope to be soon. i live in reading and our group covers reading, basingstoke, newbury and possibly bath (and everything in between).
you can find our group posts, one is called T.V Bockerz.

jordan
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline Mike23

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
Would be honoured to join the T.V Bockerz   :Straddle5:

And guess what . . . . they arrived this morning!!
Been out walking about and have found some balance now (was the wierdest thing in the world at first) and shortly im heading down the park :)

Cheers for the offers this weekend guys but il just have a play to my self this one ta. Mostly to save the embarassment!

To the park!

Mike

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 06:57:43 PM »
hey welcome Mike there be meets in Reading and Basingstoke all summers. Watch the meets posts for 'what's going on' near you  :)

look forward to meeting another local Bocker

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
you are definatley welcome to join the T.V Bockerz. i will put you on our members list.
whats your name??

Offline Mike23

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
Cheers madmonkey its Mike Hanson. Where abouts in reading are you from? im up in caversham.
Just got in from a morning of bocking at afternoon at the beer festival and its taken me quite a while to type this much!

Mike

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »
Just make sure you don't do the bocking after the beer festival Mike.

:Cwink:

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 07:52:01 AM »
do you know where ryeish green is???

Offline Mike23

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »
He he spawny, il admit when i stumbled in last night and saw the stilts i was very very tempted to strap em on but thankfully passed out before i could do my self any damage!

Ah ok, i know where you mean madmonky. spencers wood, three mile cross kind of ways. Not been there my self tho.

Well now im sober again (and somewhat hungover) i can say i was very impressed with my new projumps. I only managed to get a few hours in yesterday before i went out but i found my balance and can happily move round on them and that about as far as i got yesterday.

Todays weather looks to keep me inside  :Cmad: but hopefully tomorrow il be heading out to enjoy the bank holiday sun and hopefully find some more speed and perhaps some hight :)

Mike

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »
yes around there

Offline BestJumping

• Best Jumping Stilts
    • Best Jumping Stilts
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »