Author Topic: Bristol Bockers  (Read 10272 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Re: Bristol Bockers
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 02:39:03 PM »
Hmm it all depends on transport really. I'll ask around and see what the deal is. How big is the gym and what mats/eqpt is there and how long is it for? lol silly questions but they are just questions my lot will ask me.

As for Cardiff Bay, we're there most dry weekends unless we have an event or work at a festival. There is a thread on our forum that gets wiped every week to see what we're doing on the coming weekend and I usually post it on our twitter aswell.
If you do come down at all, park in County Hall. It's free and 5 mins walk from where we bock.

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »
Ok.  No biggy.  I appreciate that as long as the weather's good, there's no need for you to go too far away from home.  Although I've not been there, I gather Cardiff bay is a good spot, especially when the sun is out.

We have the gym booked from 2.00 till 4.00pm.  Its the size of two badminton courts, which may not be big enough for you guys.   There are 6 people coming with stilts so far, and 3 or 4 coming along to try for the first time.

The guy who does the trampoline coaching will be there as he wants to have a try, and he says we can use any mats we want, right up to the 18"+ big boys.  He also has a take off spring we can use to practice without the stilts.

The only concern the gym has is whether the stilts will damage their floor as this is the first time, so to test this they proposed I organised this session where we can carry out "normal" gym meet activities.  If it is an issue, we can move outside to their Tennis courts with the kit anyway.

Links below just in case.

Sports Centre Link - http://www.nortonhillschool.com/sports-centre/

Multimap Link -  http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=BA3+4AD&countryCode=GB#map=51.35592,-2.31949|12|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:51.28061:-2.47931:16|BA3 4AD|BA3 4AD

Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 04:59:18 PM »
Id say being able to take mats outside is a big plus!  The gym we use is going to be almost unusable soon , cos it willget so hot inside. we have had 14 in an area like that. but with most of the people experienced with gym stuff and safty and looking out for others.  take lots of water and have fun and post vids  :o)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 05:05:01 PM »
ok cool. I think we'll come but I cant say how many and it depends if we can get transport seeing as its the other side of bristol. I'll let you know though.

Not trying to sound c*cky but it would be good if I was there when staff from the centre want to see if we damage the floor. I have a lot of experience with this sort of thing :)

23 of us including me on 1.5 badminton courts!

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »
Ok, that's cool.  Easier to just say if we see you we see you.  No probs if you decide not too.  Just pm me if you need any more details, or my mobile in case.

Most of us just straight bounce, which is why I was hoping for someone with a little more experience as you say.  Not c*cky at all.

By the looks of it, space wouldn't be a problem. lol

Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?