Author Topic: Total Noob - Need advice with adjustment  (Read 3228 times)

Offline FwoGiZ

Total Noob - Need advice with adjustment
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:22:08 PM »
I have tried my stilts a few time (skyrunner) and I find that I have a hard time and I beleive this might be because of adjustment.. it feels very unstable!
I am able to jog & walk, but thats pretty much it. I can also jump quite high (around 5-6feet) but I wouldn't dare to do that without the support I use (I hold the mail box while jumping on the same spot).
I managed to tighten all the straps very tightly for my foots and everything seems fine there. Then I try tightening the knee one... it doesn't look very stable as my knee can move around between the front bar, and the back foam thingy where the back of you leg would stay.
I tried tightening it badly, also loosening it a bit but neither seemed confortable to me.
I thought of adding something (some type of pads) in front of my knee to fill the gap so my leg wouldn't be able to move much.
I know there is a way for me to feel like the stilts are part of me, as right now, I have to concentrate quite a lot on not stumbling as they're not stable enough. Also, my feet hurts badly after 10minutes because I keep trying to compensate with them (always deploying energy via my foot muscles?)

Sorry for my bad english btw.
Thanks in advance.
Fwo

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Total Noob - Need advice with adjustment
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
Ok Mate there are too many posts on here to point you at just one so if you do a search on here for any of the below or similar you will find good answers to all your questions

Kneebar straps
Loose kneebar
Cuffs
Pinheads Straps

Also work your way through the Modifications section , the getting started bit and the problems section

A lot of people use pipe lagging (The grey foam stuff) to pack out the kneebars

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline FwoGiZ

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »
as I said, I am a total noob, so even if I d use the search thingy, what would I search? I have no idea what are the words you guys uses, and english isnt even my main language so it would be kinda hard!
now that you showed me a few directions, I can do that
thanks

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »
If you go to the top right hand side of this page there should be a little bar with search after it, that is were you search :)