Author Topic: Got 'em today been out for about 2 hours!  (Read 4129 times)

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
Got 'em today been out for about 2 hours!
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
OMG I've been so excited all day, waited for the delivery man all morning, but I had to meet some friend for lunch. Went out for an hour and a half, and that's when they were delivered.

I'll give them a ring and see when they'll be back at the depot so I can pick them up. The depot is 30 miles away!! And the driver won't be back for another 3 hours.

Gave me some time to pick up a few bits for the some mods, inner tubes, duct tape, hose clips, tyre, silicone spray, and need to get some pads. I like me knees and wrists.

Drive to depot, wait for an hour for the delivery man to unload his van.

Finally. Got them.

Home.

Follow spring protection mod using inner tubes and duct tape. Done.

I can hold fire with the Tyre Socks for now, just want to get out before it gets too late, too dark or starts to rain.

Sit in the boot of the car, strap my feet in, and use the boot lid to help me stand. Bit unsteady, slightly worried that if I let go I'll ed up flat on my face.

:PJ101Ian: Go for it, you only live once walked out the drive and down the road a bit. After quarter of an hour walking happily, then jogging. Tried to jump but just couldn't seem to get the height, just watched a video tutorial on here, and I'm bending my knees which is the problem. So I'll have another go at that tomorrow.

They are so cool, was really weird when i took them off. My legs felt a ton lighter.

Think I need to have a play around with them to get them set up right as they are setup out the box at the mo. Thank you pro jump :D Well chuffed! :Cnotworthy:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:44:38 PM by daveydoodoo »

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
Re: Got 'em today been out for about 2 hours!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »
Lol we all kinda start like that, not so organised though :P
glad to see you got them :)
DC

Offline Bounce

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »
i would put your tyres on now before your actual hoofs start to wear out... i wish i had ;/ haha

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Nice one! Pleased you are getting on well with them  :Cbiggrin: Keep practising with the jumping. If you can video yourself doing it. That way you can compare your technique to that on the tutorial. Having said that we should just sort a Norwich meet out soon. You learn so much at meets.  :Cbiggrin:

Also, it was DHL? I always thought the depot was in Norwich  :Ceek:

:spudT:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:57:36 PM »
yep  all about rite  and u got um rite time of year...fingers crossed.. just s weather turns good.  hold spud 2 her word to get norwich meets 2gether  hehe

setup  did u go 4 bar or cuff?

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
Luckily due to the infractions in the volcanic cloud it should rip apart rain clouds causes rain to stay in the atmosphere for longer meaning there should not bee rain for a few days yet, all though when the rain does fall it will probably be alot heavy than normal and could be more acidic :D
Sounds fun :P
DC

Offline daveydoodoo

• DaveyDooDoo
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:22:27 PM »
i would put your tyres on now before your actual hoofs start to wear out... i wish i had ;/ haha

Looking at the bottom of them they are already starting to wear, I was expecting it, but not that quick! I don't think I'll get them done tonight, so will have a go tomorrow.

If you can video yourself doing it. That way you can compare your technique to that on the tutorial.

Norwich meet out soon.

Also, it was DHL? I always thought the depot was in Norwich  :Ceek:

I've got my old camera kicking about so I'll dig it out, will need to find a tripod or a wall and see what it look like.

A meet would be cool, just being out for that long feels like I've learnt alot already, generally work on Saturdays so Sundays would be better.

It was DPD so depot is out in Thetford! I think DHL have got one in Norwich.

setup  did u go 4 bar or cuff?

I got the pro jumper + so got the calf cuffs, think they are a bit high so need to read some of the pages on here to get the setup settled.

Looked like it was gonna chuck it down earlier about 6ish. Really black sky and turnt cold. But it didn't, so all was good.