Author Topic: race for life 2010  (Read 5174 times)

Offline bgirlmandy

race for life 2010
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »
i signed up to do race for life in my bocks but now ive been told no!!!
 im trying to get round this but failing big time, health and safety i mite sqaush some one  :Claugh:

im goin to email  mangement  so has anyone got ne good advice i could stick in my email.
 ta x

Offline asbestospiping

• PJF Contributor
    • www.robcowie.net
Re: race for life 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »
I think insurance companies are starting to notice bockers, so we are suffering at the hand of them. Be nice in any email, offer to work with them to make doing it on bocks happen, point out the great publicity and morale boost that having bockers take part gives. Other than that, there is not a lot, get hold of every one you can, it does not hurt to get your message across to as many people as possible.

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »
thanks for tht
if any other girls out there wanna join me pls get in touch

x

Offline mimster

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:37:05 AM »
hi bgirlmandy :)

I've been trying to get a go ahead for race for life this year as well. no joy so far, although i was told this morning by a very helpful call assistant called Sarah, to please call back in a week as several of her colleagues have received calls re: bocking the race for life, but there has been no change in the flat out "no" answer yet  :Ccry:

I mentioned that Sport Relief were allowing groups to attend certain events and run in a separate "wave" beforehand, so I would be tempted to try and push to arrange this if we had enough interest from the girlies on here??

As I'm unable to attend the Sports Relief events this year due to travel *sighs*, does anyone know if there are any other charity events this year where both guys and girls could take part? Although I've taken part in race for life for a few years now (and will certainly be doing it again this year regardless of whether it has to be boring walking/jogging or not), i would love to be able to take part in a charity event with a larger group at some point  :Cnotworthy:
"Life is a journey to Death but it’s not about driving safely and getting to the other side in a perfectly preserved beautiful body. Life is about skidding into the parking space of death sideways at 90 miles an hour, music blaring, chocolate in one hand, champagne bottle in the other, body completely battered and used up and screaming "HELL YEAH!" as you toss your keys to the Grim Reaper"

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:54:53 PM »
Another event?

Yes,  this wasnt ( and isnt I dont think) going to be pushed till after sports relief ( only fair).  But in June , for the 4th year running 'bockers for life' will be joining cruiseaid on their 'walk for life' in London its a 10 Km walk and just a 'SCREAM'.  Thats even if you dont have Jason jumping on your toes or a photographer getting kicked by a flipping bocker!

Bit more info and a video from last years event here   http://www.jurassicjumpers.stiltsmedia.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=418.0

As I say  more posted after March 21st

OOOO and there will be atleast 2 or 3 'ladees wot bock' ( thats the technical term) at the Southampton Sports Relief mile

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »
Yes Q - Walk for life was amazing last year and sign me up for this year!

and youd think that if 'walk for life' let us do their sponsord walk, 'race for life' would do too ... why not tell them that weve done walk for life for 4 years and no accients .... everyone is always so careful around people, plus when people see you, they naturally just get out of the way. I've never seen anyone crush a pedestrians (cant spell but u get my point)

Keep on nagging them! maybe if they see a big group of people wanting to join, they might say yes...?

Why not try and get 'walk for life' to give a sort of referance to 'race for life' ??

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 04:01:08 PM »
hi guys

just to let ya no ive been told a FIRM  no which i think is reil sad . u wuld fink they want the support but i was wrong.
 so looks like ill b running on me own feet.
cant get pass the tele staff not even a email addy to sum 1 higher.

bloody H&S

XX

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
pop along to southampton if u can  Atleast 2 other Ladees at mo as well

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »
i will wot date is it  x

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 04:15:21 PM »
21 sunday   contact 'asbestospiping'  he working wiv bbc  so we have a slot  or 'wave'  and we have to b a block team

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 04:33:49 PM »
sorry im wrking ..always the way !!
 cnt blow off another shift ill get sacked hehe :Claugh: