Author Topic: calf cuffs for powerisers (UK) ??  (Read 4340 times)

Offline oxbocker

calf cuffs for powerisers (UK) ??
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »
Hi

I want to buy some calf cuffs for my powerisers as they sound alot more comfy, the straps on the back of the knee bars really cut into me.

I can't find any compatible in UK, the ones on the pro-jump website only fit powerstriders etc.... but not powerisers(i emailed and enquired)

any suggestions?

thanks

oxbocker

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: calf cuffs for powerisers (UK) ??
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »
I don't think skatehut (UK dealer) sell them as a spare part... Your best bet would be looking into european dealers, such as Powerisers.de

Offline Bounce

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
hi, i had the same problem however try putting a football sock folded up behind your knee. This stoped the starps cutting into my leg and getting bruses haha

Offline oxbocker

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »
nice one guys

thanks bounce, good tip. i was thinking of using something to pad out the strap, im not quite sure why they use a silly little strap like that anyway - they would have been better with a strap similiar to the foot bindings in my opinion.

update:
apparently projump will soon be selling some plastic blocks to make their calf cuffs compatible with powerisers........

Offline Bounce

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:13:30 AM »
No problem, i have also used like thick ish foam and you can either put it on outside of yout trouser and just let the buckle strap hold it in or i have got a old sock, put the foam behind my leg and cut the top of a sock off and put it around the foam to keep it inplace and then the buckle strap on top. im not sure if you will understand that but im not sure how to explain

Offline XS

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »
the ones on the pro-jump website only fit powerstriders etc.... but not powerisers(i emailed and enquired)

since when?  I thought as long as you got the PR metal brackets the FL cuffs would work.  Isn't someone here running that setup?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 07:09:48 AM »
Xs, but you only get metal brackets with the pro model, which come with cuffs, so he wouldn't need FL cuffs. I think he has the classics. If thats the case then what he said is legit and he does need new brackets ;)

edit: you can (just) see in the picture he has a kneebar. Also. The metal brackets are a pain to get hold of.. Another also..fit is the wrong word. They do fit, just dont hold. Lol

:spudT:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:15:46 AM by Spud »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
I have had no trouble with the PJ plastic clamps but you have to tighten them down hard

The problem with Poweriser and 7 brackets is they are made of thin soft plastic and just won't hold the cuffs in place

What they probably ment at PJ was they are out of spare plastic brackets as they are not a high mover (I have only seen 2 break in 3 years)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 03:03:55 PM »
We have the pro-jump brackets in stock and I'll try and get them on the website by next week.
I think there's been some confusion, We just don't recommend popping on the Pro-Jump cuffs on PoweriSer plastic brackets but they are ok if you purchase the Pro-Jump brackets or get hold of some metal ones.

Offline oxbocker

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
"they are ok if you purchase the Pro-Jump brackets"

^did this.  got to fit them today, hope its easy as I don't see any instructions.... :(

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
The brackets part is easy. Take all 4 of the bolts out..and put the new one on in its place (with new bolts?). Do one at a time so you can see how it goes back together. Here is Jasons tutorial on fitting calf cuffs:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?page=Fitting-Calf-Cuff