Author Topic: Leeds Sports relief mile 2010 (now at hull and confirmed)  (Read 9588 times)

Offline freshfish1

Leeds Sports relief mile 2010 (now at hull and confirmed)
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:20:03 AM »
hello  :Cbiggrin:
me and 3 friends will be running the sports relief mile in leeds on the 21st of march on our bocks.
i am currently doing a daily vlog to do with my preparation for the mile that you lot should watch :)
here's the link:
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

i think you should all subscribe to see me doing things daily to prepare!! no two days are the same.

if you would like to sponsor all of us you'll have to sponsor me for now since the others havent signed up yet and we havent got a team page. (ill post the team page when we get it set up)
again here's the link:
http://www.mysportrelief.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=94714

i hope you all do something for sports relief to help raise money :)

Addison   :approve:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:32:51 PM by freshfish1 »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Leeds Sports relief mile 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
From the reaction several people have recieved when trying to do the mile on bocks you have been lucky that they are letting you do it as many of us have been told no

Good luck with the mile and well done for getting them to let you

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:54 PM »
ooo wow  actual training...my preparation is finding free parking    but  well done u   un  get sim  to push u    want u flippin over the finish line :Cyes:

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »
hey,nice to see you on the forum im suprised you havnt signed up earlier to the forum seen as youve been doing it a year now.

i live in leeds and would love to do the run but i have work on a sunday! and i cant take it off coz ive already used all my holidays up

Offline choco bean

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
Are you sure that ur allowed to do it on bocks. As I was the one who emailed them a few weeks back and asked about doing it in Leeds and they turned round and said the only way to bock at Leeds was to be entertainment and that they didn't want any of that. I had the same issue with them about health and saftey there, even after emailing them back with a link to last years video and that pic of becky on the website...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 02:10:14 AM »
this thread might be of interest if you havent already seen it: http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4349.0

Offline freshfish1

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 05:30:36 PM »
i got an e-mail back saying no today so here it is:
Hi Addison

With regard to your query, I’m afraid that due to the health and safety considerations of all our other Milers, we are unable to accept individual entries from people wishing to take part on Powerbockers.

However, if you are a part of an organised club/group it may be that we can arrange a special Wave at one of our Flagship events just for your group. If this is the case then please do let me know and I can see if this will be possible.

Thanks and kind regards

Rebecca

now to me that seems that there is a loophole in the system...namely if we get enough people together at each mile and say we are an "official" group then we can run it.
im gonna post this in the other thread too

Offline freshfish1

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
i have just sent off an e-mail to the apparent relevant guy to try sort out a leeds special bocking wave. join the team to make it more likely that there will be one created at leeds. here is the team page http://www.mysportrelief.com/TeamPage.aspx?langPref=en-CA&teamID=52134   JOIN it to make it more likely :P

Addison  :Csmile:

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

Hey there - hows it going with the group thing?

When does the event start and end?? -
 its possible that I might be able to attend as Im in leeds that weekend.... but it depends on when the event ends as I will be driving back to london in the afternoon/evening ---

let me know

XBX

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline freshfish1

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 12:12:44 AM »
Update:
i got an e-mail of them today saying that they cant accommodate bockers at leeds because of the actual course but they are willing to sort something out for hull. so ive replied asking them what time it would start and if it could be done as me and a friend are still wanting to run one of the mile events. im now waiting on a reply so ill keep this updated.

but things are looking good as they have offered to make one elsewhere

addison

Offline freshfish1

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
Update: i got a reply today saying that they will be able to start a wave for bockers before or after 11:45 mile start so ive asked them to do one for before. if you would like to take part you will need to sign up on the page  clicking here!!! i will have to find out what you need to sign up as (i think it would be the 11:45 flagship mile at hull and then join the team but i will double check.)

there are two definates and a probable third but i still need to talk to em so if theres anyone in the are please do join in with this

Offline freshfish1

Re: Leeds Sports relief mile 2010 (now at hull and confirmed)
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
Hooray so me and julian are definitely doing our race at hull at 11:45 before or after depending on other variables. so if you'd like to come along sign up for the 11:45 mile run at hull flagship mile and search for Halifax Hoppers in "join a team" and join us to run. we want lots of people to join in with this as it would be a very good experience for us aswell :)

hope to see some of you there  :Claugh:

Addison

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
well done un well done foir keeping on trying   tho big pain u had to

Offline freshfish1

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
surprisingly it only took a total of three people, 9 e-mails (including e-mails between them) and 8 days  :Ctwitcy:

so yeah i hope people can join us at the event. if you send me a PM we can organise a meet place before the event :)

Addison