Author Topic: Becky - Scouting Powerbock Challenge (Sport Relief Mile - Sunday 16th March 2008  (Read 16028 times)

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
Ive not been asked to organise anything this year, so im thinking we got our promotion out of Scouting 2 years ago! :)
And its all about insurance! Oh and the promo we got for Scouting :)

Offline CJ

i think they should do something tho, all publicity is good and bocking fits the outdoors / adventurous lifestyle that scouts are promoting at the moment

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Do Air Cadets count? :Cbiggrin:
Edit: Just realised I am rather late on posting this, but oh well.
No, it's all about geeky things. Doesn't seem like much but there are much politics involved. I think its mainly insurance and stuff. Not to say you can't do it tho. But hell, don't mix the scouts and air cadets up. We had a load of scouts, baden-powell scouts and air cades help on our airshow. But apparently if you put scouts and baden powell scouts together they beat each other up..and they were all pretty envious of the air cadets coz they could ride in the helicopter when they couldn't because of insurance..

:spudT:

just to note... this comment makes no sense lol wat are baden powell scouts??? lol scouts was founded by baden powell so they are all the same... air cadets tho... i agree... scouts dont like them xD lol
It makes perfect sense ;) Once you know that Baden-Powell scouts and scout association scouts are different. Baden powell invented scouting I think. As a concept. Not the organisations themselves. Anyway, they don't get along apparently. they Too don't like air cadets..even tho they are air scouts. So confusing...

So a scout isn't just a scout. Random fact brought to you by the random spud. [/hijack]

:spudT:

Offline timtom

Well there we go!..

Spud is right..!

'baden powell scouts'

http://www.traditionalscouting.co.uk/

The Scout Association

http://scouts.org.uk/

Back to topic.. Alas i'm no longer a Scout! Explorers disbanded and nothing happened since!

P.s.. Yeah Air cadets.. boooo

;)

Offline CJ

having been a scout for now 16 years you learn somethin new every day

Offline Stu Nimmo

Hi

If I hear of any scouting promotional events where they're after any bockers I try to get them posted on here. At the moment I am not aware of any in the midlands, however will see what I can find.

Cheers

Stu

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
Can you sign me up for bocking the mile at manchester please along with the other scouts :) thank youu

Offline choco bean

Stewart you obviously haven't read this thread as the Manchester mile that has been mentioned was the one that we did two years ago. If you are wanting to do the mile this year you will probably have to sort it out yourself.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!