Author Topic: Hello from Lincoln!  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Retral

Hello from Lincoln!
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:17:14 AM »
Heya guys!

My name's Liam, 15 years old and I live in North Hykeham, which is about 4 miles from Lincoln. I like playing football, jogging, playing Xbox 360 games and playing guitar. I think I'm going to sell my Xbox and all stuff relating to it though, because:

1) I play on my Xbox far too much.. and it's kinda pointless :P
2) To get some money to buy some PowerBocks!

I've recently seen a few YouTube videos about PowerBocking, and I'm looking to get into it. This is something which really intrigues me, and I imagine I'll have bought myself some Bocks in a couple of weeks time.

I have noticed the "Yellow Belly Bockers" have a group, and are doing regular meets at a sports centre, which is actually about 1 mile from my house! This is something I'd definitely be interested in getting involved with, and I'm sure that they'd help me to pick up the art of Bocking in no time!

So, it's all about getting hold of a pair now! I weigh roughly 65kg, and I'm around 5ft 11. I'm looking at getting the 11-14 stone Powerisers from either Amazon or StreetGadgets. Here are the links to both of them:

[link to poweriZers]
[link to poweriSers]

Has anybody purchased from StreetGadgets before, because I don't know whether or not they are trustworthy?

Hope to see some of you soon at any meets held by the YBB!

Cheers, Liam  :Cbiggrin:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:36:43 PM by Spud »

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Hello from Lincoln!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:24:10 AM »
just had a quick look at streetgadgets, and i dont know if there's a problem with the site, but you'd be better buying directly from pro-jump, i think. I'm sure the YBBs would be more than accomodating at the gym and are always happy to help someone new

Offline Retral

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:36:12 AM »
just had a quick look at streetgadgets, and i dont know if there's a problem with the site, but you'd be better buying directly from pro-jump, i think. I'm sure the YBBs would be more than accomodating at the gym and are always happy to help someone new

Heya :)

Any chance of letting me know what the differences between Pro-Jump stilts and Powerisers are?

Obviously the Pro-Jump's are cheaper, but is there any reason as to why?

Thanks for the quick respone!

Liam

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »
Earlier PoweriSers (notice the S) were a good brand but the recent ones have got a bit of a reliability problem (search on here for Powerisers)

PoweriZers (notice the Z) are basicly identical to Projumps but sometimes older models (depends who you buy from)

Projumps give a good warrenty and you have this forum to contact them as well as their offices

The recent batches of projumps are about the best value for money on the market at the moment and if anything goes wrong they are good at customer service

Do be carefull though as a lot of suspect companys and E-bay sellers advertise their bocks as PoweriSers or even Powerskips and they are really selling PoweriZers or in the worst case illegaly imported Skyrunners

As the Powerskips retail at over £1000 and they are selling for £150 or lower you can see that it is "to good to be true"  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK: