Author Topic: How do people get round Public Liability?  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Taffster

How do people get round Public Liability?
« on: January 05, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »
Hi,

New to this and would like the safety of crash mats to practice tricks etc. Problem I seem to come across is gyms expect you to be a group with some sort of public liabitly cover.

I have spoken to a few people but would like to see what others have done to get round the issue?

Cheers in advance :Cbiggrin:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: How do people get round Public Liability?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
a/ keep going till you find a gym that doesnt ask for it.
b/ have every1 in group have personal insurance ( less than £50 a year---there is a link on this site)
c/ bite bullet and get public liability insurance ( can always put a levy of £1 a person per gym session to pay back)
d/ by your own crash mat.

Ive gone for a,b and d. c is a possiblilty for the future, especially if the JJ's get asked to do more 'events' , and want to do um.

I still think that the sports centres should have the insurance and that paying for the hire covers one. But heyho, thats just not always the option.

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »
NO WIN NO FEE!
No fun! :Cno:
No Life! :Cno:
No Way! :Cno:

All lawyers should be put against a wall and shot! :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 07:05:59 PM »
b/ have every1 in group have personal insurance ( less than £50 a year---there is a link on this site)
They no longer insure powerbockers

Offline miky10

• Pro-Jump Germany
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »
All lawyers should be put against a wall and shot!

I agree with you  :Cbiggrin:

I think you bock for your own risk, if you can use a gym make a agreement with the landlord of the gym an sign a disclaimer that you bock for your own risk in the gym.

In Germany we have founded a Club and now we are a member of a Sports Association and we can use their insurance.

Regards,
Mike

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
ooo bugger----they not told moi, tho ive paid  so guess im covered

In my old surfing days  it was really really simple.

I was a 'waveskier'  a cross between surfing and canoeing.  1st off covered by the british canoe union.....big olympic disipline...so no probs.  Then we split away and became this tiny lil odd sport.  BUT, founding chairman was an insurance broker..no probs!  Indeed when 1 of our members surfed 'over' a guy on a surf board and put him in hospital ( the fins on the underside of the board cut rite thru the guys wetssuit and into the skin), insurance paid out no probs.

As it happens a couple of weeks later I was chatting to  Guy ( honest that is his name) ,the surfer guy. He bore no ill will ( accidents happen), but he was most impressed with the insurance service. He stated that it knocked socks of the biritish surfing association, cos no1 could recall them paying out anything, ever!.

OOO un Guy was an ex European surfing champ  so kinda knew wot was going on.

But ta 4 shouting out Sprog. Dunno if I missed it, but has there been a post on that b4?

Any1 out there an insurance broker, related to 1, know any...very very well?....

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »
I have personal insurance because I am known as one of the craziest bockers around :Claugh:

Offline Taffster

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
Thanks All,

Have to keep trying the gyms see if one will let us use it. Should be OK if we sign a disclaimer saying no claim will be made against the gym. As the session is private, then no public should get hurt.

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
how do u go about getting personal insureance(im sure tht spelt wrong lol )