Author Topic: projump junior knee height  (Read 4555 times)

Offline jojomagogo

projump junior knee height
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »
 :Straddle5:
my 11yr old son had a set of pro jump juniors and the knee height seem to be very low, there isnt anymore adjustment that i can suss out , i assume that this is ok and normal.
the instruction book isnt very good for the junior type and states many times that the adult knee height needs to be just under knee cap, my sons only comes 2/3rds up his shin.
can anyone enlighten me please

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: projump junior knee height
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »
Hi there,
You are right, there is no way to adjust the junior projumps. How tall is your son and how much does he weigh? There are some 'awkward' heights and weights to be in bocking. My sister is almost tall enough for adult bocks not quite there and too light for them too. So when she uses junior bocks there are in much the same position as you have described. You can see a vid of her on them here.

Having the bocks closer to your knee does increase stability. However, some tall people have it much lower. If you anything under 5'5 you have little choice :D

But anyway. It's nothing to worry about. I have used the junior bocks often and I can't see why it would be a problem. I think the lightness of them means the stability is less of a problem. If he is comfortable that is all I would worry about.

:spudT: