Author Topic: Ex: Why you need a helmet  (Read 5169 times)

Offline bockintheUSA

Ex: Why you need a helmet
« on: December 28, 2009, 03:01:05 AM »
I too a few falls and look at the damage! I got this helmet with my new bocks just THREE DAYS AGO
http://img192.imageshack.us/i/img0031600x1200.jpg/
http://img691.imageshack.us/i/img0041600x1200.jpg/

Hate to think if i werent wearing a helmet!!!!!
Bock big or bock home

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: Ex: Why you need a helmet
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
...erm...the scratch marks would suggest that you landed on the top of your head (or the helmet fell off and skidded along the floor).
What the heck were you trying (after just three days on bocks) to be able to land on your head?! =/ Any damage to yourself dude?
(EDIT: I just realised three days on your 'new' bocks isn't necessarily the same as three days on bocks. I hope you didn't bail a flip!)

Jason, that picture makes me feel sick. I feel your pain. Broken wrists (& incompetent doctors) set my Parkour training back two years. =(

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:54:13 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
I'm with Brendan, how the hell did you manage to do that much damage! Take it slow!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
I think scuffing a shiney new helmet is not the same as hitting your head on the floor. Skulls are pretty hard but they need all the help they can get in a risky situation. I dont think the pictures tell the full story here.
Still, at least you are being safe and wearing a helmet, which is more than most other people do.

Offline bockintheUSA

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »
Haha i was running! Like 15 mph or so about as fast as i could and i tripped and rolled over the top of my head and kept tumbling haha but im perfectly fine!
Bock big or bock home

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 05:18:29 AM »
Ouch. Glad you're ok.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »

Offline bockintheUSA

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 06:47:10 PM »
Yeah! haha the thing is i had to abrubtly stop (thanks to the neighbor girl walking in front of me and giggling) and when i did my knee bent backwards like all the way just about popped out of place and i then fell and tumbled ahaha
Bock big or bock home

Offline bgirlmandy

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

i use a hemet at the mo but was looking at a ribcap, i look a rite d**k in one rhey neva fit my head lol :Cbiggrin:
im bot 100% sure u gonna get the same protection ,,wot u do guys think

happy new year n lets hope the snow gose soon xx