Author Topic: Greetings and salutations from the Netherlands.  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Gryphe

Greetings and salutations from the Netherlands.
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »
Good evening, folks. Gryphe here, 24 years old (or is that young?) and currently living in the Netherlands. I just ordered a pair of Pro Jumps+ after considering these fascinating boots for quite some years.

The awesome looking body armour convinced me to purchase them, oddly enough! I blame the fact I've always been very afraid of falling, a fear I've decided I need to face. No better way to face your fear with a pair of incredible jumping boots. I'm looking forward to walking with a bounce, running fast and jumping high.

Now all I can do is wait, but most importantly of all... Merry Christmas!

P.S. I'm getting some tires and tape as soon as I can. Got to love all the information on this forum.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 10:04:35 PM by Gryphe »

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
Re: Greetings and salutations from the Netherlands.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:03:35 PM »
Merry Christmas Gryphe.

Don't forget to post some pics when you get bouncing around the Netherlands. :Cyes:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Gryphe!

Bocking will be a great way to face your fear. Just make sure you push yourself and try not be scared of the falling part. It does happen often if you push yourself but it's part of progression and the sport :) You will soon realise that with the right safety gear falling is not a huge deal ;)

Pleased to see you have read the forum :)

Have a great Christmas and I hope you are bocking soon!

:spudT:

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 12:35:23 AM »
Got to love all the information on this forum.

thanks for reading it rather than asking the same questions we've had 500 times

Offline Gryphe

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
It's been a while but I got my jumping stilts a little more then a week ago. I moved into my very own place around the same time so I haven't had much of a chance to practice, so far.

I happen to have a rather spacious (without any sharp pointy objects and all that awful stuff) living room so I spent my time there, learning to walk and all that. I have a beautiful park outside that's perfect for practicing but the thick layer of snow is currently keeping me from going outside - you can't really see the slippery paths anymore.

Walking's easy. Standing up without support isn't. My leg either hurts like hell and/or I lack the strength to actually get up. I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right... Anything you folks recommend?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
keep going. Getting up is one of the hardest things to learn but keep at it and it will happen.
Same applies when you get outside and start jumping. A lot of people have trouble adapting their technique so it feels more comfortable and gets you more height but the answer is to keep at it and not bend your knees when you're in the air.