Author Topic: 13th December, Manchester  (Read 21017 times)

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
13th December, Manchester
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
Date: Sunday the 13th December in Manchester city centre.

We'll meet at Piccadilly train station between 10:30 and 11:20. We'll leave the station by 11:20 so get the last train that gets there before then, in my case the Chester->Piccadilly train arrives at 10:23 so I'll be hanging out for a while in Piccadilly station then.

At Piccadilly we should meet under the large train times display board at the centre of the station, as I'll be there by 10:23 you should be able to see me and my leopard-stripe stilts; I don't recommend idling around in the station whilst mounted, but I don't think there'll be a problem if we mount up as we leave then bolt for the doors (in fact, let's agree to do that! :D ).

So after leaving Piccadilly Station we'll head towards Piccadilly Gardens and loiter around there from 11:30 to 12:00 midday (in case anyone didn't make it to Piccadilly station) and then we'll do whatever we feel like.

Sounds like a plan, I hope to see you all there.

There's also a thread on pp (which is back online now):

http://www.FOOBAR.com/forum/manchester_12th_andor_13th_december_weekend-t6833.0.html

(replace FOOBAR with "poweriserpppppages", apparently links to that site are blacklisted on ProJumpForum)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:54:10 PM by W3bbo »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: 13th December, Manchester
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »
w3bbo, your link won't work as PP is banned on here.

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 11:02:04 PM »
The gist of W3bbo's post on PRP is;
A Manchester meet on Sunday 13th Dec, (Santa hats may be required, I've just added that!)
Meet at Picadilly Station, that way if we decide to go to Victoria we can hop onto a tram.
OK? :Cchatterbox:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
It looks like this meet is going ahead great. The guys at PushYourLimits have decided to join in, as have a Londoner who happens to be in the area at the time. We should probably organise an iterinary.

Offline griffithsm00

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
Hey, I aint a londoner! lol. I'm born and bred in stockport! Just at uni down here so home for the hols! Sould be a good laugh thou! i know manc quite well! plus we dont need to tram it to victoria. We can just bock thru town if we meet at piccadilly!

Should be fun!
Mark

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 06:34:27 PM »
Wow! This is shaping up great! :Csmile:
Yeh I guess your right, should think about a time to meet at Piccalilly and a plan for after!
Good bocking sites,
Good Café,
Good bocking sites,
Good Pub!   etc.

Offline griffithsm00

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 06:42:39 PM »
Hey guys, Hope you dont mind me getting in on the action but i recon we meet about 11/12 ish? at Piccadilly train station. especially if folks are gettin the train in. If not then i suggest Piccadilly Gardens. There is a good space around there to do a bit of bocking. I suggest we then mooch on down market street and towards the urbis where there is another alirightish area. that's also near victoria so we can do all that area as mentioned before. as for pubs and cafes i'm not too hot on that. However I can let you all know that in Albert Square and St Anns Sqaure there will be the German Xmas Markets so plenty of Glu Wein and Frankfurters! Should be a good time to venture into Manchester actually!

Come to think of it, near Picadilly gardens it might be taken up with an Ice rink! I know it was a couple of years ago. Not sure now!

OOOOOOooooo by the Triangle! there are plenty of ledges and steps to have fun with! so there's penlty for us to play with!

Hope that has helped you out!

Mark

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 06:57:14 PM »
Sound awesome! :)
I don’t know Manc’ at all so I’m happy to follow you guys around like a lost puppy! :Cwideeyed:
Yeh probably gunna getting the train in. If I do have to drive I can probably park at Piccalilly station.

Offline griffithsm00

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 07:18:09 PM »
ok awesome! so how many of us are there then? Deffo 3 of us. any more?

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 07:45:23 PM »
I should be 2. + W3bbo + a few more, have you seen the other thread about it? http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4078.msg58514;topicseen#new

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
NWW will be there :P well some of us XD hehe ill bring my bocks as will the others but ill mainly be doing camera shooting for you guys well come in my mates car so well meet u anywere we can :P hehe :P

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline griffithsm00

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »
Ok, lets sort out for certain a time and place. somewhere for both people in cars and coming on the train. From what I know, there is limited parking near Piccadilly Train Station. There are 2 car Parks I found but i suspect they might be quite expensive. 6 Piccadilly, City Centre, Manchester M1 3AP is one of them and the other is 6 Minshull St, Manchester M1 3ED. They are both National Car parks. For the folks getting the train in I'll probably be at Manchester Piccadilly. I'll probs come in on the train too.

Meeting time: Piccadilly Train station - 11:00
                     Piccadilly Gardens (Probably better to meet there if driving in) - 11:20 to 11:40

Then I suggest we bock around that area for a little while. There's plenty of Nero's and Costa's for those of us that need that extra little kick! We can then Head on down Market Street (a pedestrianized street, and will probably be packed with xmas shoppers). If it is busy then we can go down side streets and stuff. If we then head over towards the main Xmas Market in Albert square we can pick up some food and beer and glu wein! I recon it'll be about 12:30 ish by this point. maybe a bit later!

Then we can head towards "The Triangle" where there are loads of levels and steps and all sorts of obsitacles for us to play with. Can then make our way over towards victoria train station area and there's quite a nice area round there too!

We can then bock back in towards town and go to a restaurant and have a good evening. or we can get on the tram from victoria to take us all closer to picadilly (could be a good option if its cold/wet and if we're knackered!).

So what do you folks think?? Sound like a plan??

Oh all on the 13th December too??

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 09:37:24 PM »
I would come but i have work on a sunday so i cant get it off!
ill let some others know this is happening.
have fun tho

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 01:02:41 AM »
yer sounds good mate ill make sure i can hijack the car journey hehe :P well bring the most members we can which might end up being like 4-5 limited car space XD but yer we may bring the HD camera and cam corder for the day tho so be polishing those moves :P
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:04:19 AM by aidanh1 »

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 07:35:21 PM »
Sure does sound like a plan! we'll be there.  :Cyes:
Just come in from a bock round Chester City centre and it was chocker with people!! Just made it all the more interesting though!  :Ctwitcy:

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 08:56:26 PM »
Sure does sound like a plan! we'll be there.  :Cyes:
Just come in from a bock round Chester City centre and it was chocker with people!! Just made it all the more interesting though!  :Ctwitcy:

I second that, Chester's a pretty good place to bock actually. There's the shopping streets packed with pedestrians: it's great just to run through them all. And the city walls have a lot of small steps on which are great for practicing step-jumping on. There's also a few obstables in the parks and stuff.

...and plenty of children to scare the wits out of ;)

I'd like to thank Steve (SNuD) for the great time I had today. If we ever do anything like it again we should post it so others come, but this was a very short-notice kinda thing.

Offline raverkyle

• all my pants fit over my bocks whooo hooo
    • the leeds bockers(friends website)
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »
yo just got a message from tommo about the Manchester meet im well their only problem will be getting to pic station on time reckon i could get their for about 12ish 2 bus rides and a train and that's me lol and on a Sunday that can be murder.
hope to see u people about x
ill eat when im hungry,,ill drink when im thirsty and ill sleep when im darn well dead,, got 4 ur life and bock ur sox off

Offline griffithsm00

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 08:45:47 PM »
Thats fine to turn up at 12. Manc isnt that big so i'm sure we'll find you.

Should be a great day!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 01:45:41 AM »
right since the info is cluterd everywere and webbo says the info is on PP which some of us (me) dont go on :P hehe

i fort id ask the questions ppl might be asking :P

Exact time to meet up?
Exact location we meet?
Any contact info we need?
aproxmatly how many people?
any plans for ending times is it open ending?
any spacific places you desire to go?
have you checked what might be going on in the places u wanna go on that date :P

basic info and some non basic but like if not everyone its stuff i like to check on oh ye another one from me

Do you all mind me taking your picture if you go to this meet if so do u give me full rights to use any pictures i take for any website or image desning purposes i need :P hehe :D

Offline scousybouncy

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 01:51:16 AM »
I'm from liverpool. i will more than likely come... however i stopped bocking a few months back after 3 years because of the lack of interest from other people. I don't come on this forum much so can someone email me with all the details, whos going and anything else that relevant please?  the_mystery_one@hotmail.co.uk (or msn will do)

cheers.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 01:52:39 AM »
ill happily stalk you kev give u all the details ;) when i get them XD which is prob tomoz :P

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 05:35:16 AM »
right since the info is cluterd everywere and webbo says the info is on PP which some of us (me) dont go on :P hehe

i fort id ask the questions ppl might be asking :P

Exact time to meet up?
Exact location we meet?
Any contact info we need?
aproxmatly how many people?
any plans for ending times is it open ending?
any spacific places you desire to go?
have you checked what might be going on in the places u wanna go on that date :P

basic info and some non basic but like if not everyone its stuff i like to check on oh ye another one from me

Do you all mind me taking your picture if you go to this meet if so do u give me full rights to use any pictures i take for any website or image desning purposes i need :P hehe :D

Reply 11 of this thread off griffithsm00 has got most of the answers. There is only a date and place on PRP. He seems to know the area well so guess we could all do with his mobile number if he doesn't mind as he can direct any straggelers to us.
The original post was "something over Christmas Holidays" off W3bbo in bocking clubs & groups >> NWW :Cyes:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 06:02:22 PM »
last time i was up manc sides i noticed a few great spots to bock, it also has some really nice pubs with friendly staff.
hope you all have a great meet

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »
Reply 11 of this thread off griffithsm00 has got most of the answers. There is only a date and place on PRP. He seems to know the area well so guess we could all do with his mobile number if he doesn't mind as he can direct any straggelers to us.
The original post was "something over Christmas Holidays" off W3bbo in bocking clubs & groups >> NWW :Cyes:

PRP has been sold, so its not working at the minute so no one can view it

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2009, 03:11:09 AM »
PRP has been sold, so its not working at the minute so no one can view it

Yeh your right, it aint available???

It was working on the 21st cos I looked at what was posted there :p

Anyway all any one needs to know is here :)