Author Topic: Jumping Higher??  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Schuman

Jumping Higher??
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:58:55 AM »
I've had my stilts for 2 years now and havent been on them that much but want to get better, and be able to jump alot higher!!  Does anyone know of what i can do to get more height??  Any help would be great!  Thanks

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
Re: Jumping Higher??
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 02:12:35 AM »
Arrrr! The quest for altitude!!!

Have a look at this; http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1225.msg14534;topicseen#new

hope this helps :)

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline ejw6193

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »
I've been having this problem, it may come with experience but i've been trying lifting my knees higher and eating more to get weight on the springs cos i'm like 9 stone.. any suggestions or tips will be great...

Like the Facebook Page if you like bocking 'stay connected' >> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Powerbocking/138799736194651

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »
Really need to see a video of you jumping to be able to give you advice.

Bringing your legs up is not really the answer here, it's actually more to do with your upper body and balance.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »
ive been bocking for about 12 months now got exos and am slowly getting better height now but certainly not to the max yet ive found over the last few days and after watching some of the other bockers at walk for life in london that as you heading towards the ground you need to almost snap your legs (really crap way to describe it sorry lol) so as you come into contact with the ground you flex your legs quickly so that you have the upward motion to get higher (reading back this makes no sense does it lol but its really hard to explain) watch some videos of the better bockers and you'll see what i mean, its a very swift movement and dont actualy spend alot of time in contact with the ground  

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Hmm need to be careful here as the wrong advice could end up someone getting injured. Getting height isn't really down to your legs at all.
You need to first be comfortable and confident at jumping and only then can you be relaxed enough to work on your upper body and thrusting downwards.
There is no more snapping or flexing of your legs anymore than on a trampoline.

Really need to see a video though as there may be other factors restricting height.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »
well lol i didnt mean literally lol but yeah i know what you mean its the best way i could describe it (not very well lol) but going by my experience and watching other people its a very swift movement when coming into contact with the ground but like locky said watch some vids for the best way to learn lol what works for one doesnt always work for others :)