Author Topic: EA Announcement  (Read 25232 times)

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
Re: EA Announcement
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »
i think meets will get discussed more only thing is the winter always means people go into hiding :P

its called hibernation xD

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 11:38:21 PM »
thats the exact word i was looking for, :D thanks

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 07:09:17 PM »
Sorry to double post but we have been put on there Team page now    :Csmile:

http://www.lifeisdrive.com/team.html

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 07:22:16 PM »
Nice pic of Ketan :Claugh:

Best part
The club is run by Carlos Fandango Green (Chairman)

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
Hell yes its run by Mr.Fandango Green.

As for the pic i needed something that wasn't so much looking like me, i didn't want people thinking I'm the face of the EA Bockers :)
Account Closed

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 01:41:53 AM »
Glad to see a decent sponser that will give something in return and being on the website already is amazing,

seen the pics of the t's that k8n put on FB other day there not my sorta thing if im honest but are good all the same.

I at the min am really busy with work im doing lots of overtime and when im not working im working on/ messing about with my car so all my time is going into that as i need to get new stilts anyways so will be hibernating thru the winter unless i get new stilts during the winter which may well happen but will keep checkin on forum and seein what is going on im not leaving just busy love you all

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 02:11:19 AM »
yay!

The group consists of about 35 Members and some even living in Wales and Nottingham

Offline CJ

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »
yay!

yeah but tim you now deep down you want to be a sky high boy!

The group consists of about 35 Members and some even living in Wales and Nottingham

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 12:33:02 PM »
Tims an EA Thru and Thru booooyo Xx
Account Closed

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 12:37:51 PM »
I've been corrected by Carl, Tims actually and ORIGINAL EA.
Account Closed

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 05:45:34 PM »
Fo Shizzle ;)

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »
just wondering... the display team thingme... does it matter what skill level we are? coz i wudnt mind doing stuff but i cant do much on my stilts... but maybe it wud be good to have a range of skills in the display team coz this will show a progress to the public if you get what i mean...  :Csmile:

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »
At the moment we have the display team sorted which will be announced soon, the problem with too many people is because sponsorship only pay for certain amount of peoples travel etc, this display team is for all events basically, but if the events local for example, norwich, then by all means people can turn up but will not be announced as the Display team.

The display team are signed with expix.co.uk ( will be on the site soon ) this is how we get our events, on the site well be advertised as 10 people so when other companies want us to perform theyll only expect 10 people, its really confusing and tough to explain sorry.
Account Closed

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 10:50:52 PM »
Who is in the display team, doesnt really bother me greatly who is in it as i said i have winter comitments at the min so wont be about much any ways for awhile, just would like to know who is in it,

And same thing again me not really being botherd greatly til im back on the scene alot but will this not divide the group abit with the seperate meets for display team with the Display team turning in to the EA bockers and the others gettin put aside and collecting dust on a shelf ?

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »
Display team isnt a new group at all, its just 10 people representing the EA Bockers at the bigger events, as stated before, sponsorship will only pay for certain amount of people to go places. Meets wont be organised on the bases for display team or ea bockers, meets are for everyone.

Account Closed

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 01:00:53 AM »
Display team isnt a new group at all, its just 10 people representing the EA Bockers at the bigger events, as stated before, sponsorship will only pay for certain amount of people to go places. Meets wont be organised on the bases for display team or ea bockers, meets are for everyone.

Not what I meant, some people may feel pushed aside and loose intrest because only some people are sponserd essential is what i meant

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
I see why people may feel that way, the whole group is essentially sponsored by LSD, everybody will reek the benefits and you can all happily say your sponsored by an energy drink.
Account Closed

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2009, 12:54:23 PM »
How did you get the sponsor?? because there is loads of industry like that down here and i might try and get the RR's sponsored :P

DC

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2009, 03:59:31 PM »
Basically just knew the right people, hard to explain but months of emailing and promises i suppose. sorry i cant give you a better answer :L
Account Closed

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »

Not what I meant, some people may feel pushed aside and loose intrest because only some people are sponserd essential is what i meant

tbh iv felt that the EAs have been divided like that for a while, this whole things just making it a bit more official

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40:33 PM »
ok... dont want to start an arguement... but im a little confoozled...

wat kind of "big events"? is this like sports festivals? does tht mean the rest of us wont be there as EA's? like the whole group wudnt be able to go?

please dont take this as an arguement im just trying to clarify =]

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 10:11:14 PM »
Unfortunatley not, these so called " Big sports festivals/ Events" will be display team only, Local events would be anybody.
Account Closed

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 10:17:29 PM »

tbh iv felt that the EAs have been divided like that for a while, this whole things just making it a bit more official

i agree with hilly it seems that the group has been divided  not into display team an ea's but in to people who can flip an do brilliant tricks an people who don't get invited along to anything and it bugs me

i think we should have people of all different skill levels in the team and it would also be good to pick some people who are good at teaching and who know how to help advise people

thanks for reading

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:04:51 PM by lil-lozzi »

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 11:16:17 PM »
The problem with teaching is it requires insurance, something we dont currently have, as for this display team, its representing an energy drink and it needs the best people possible in the group.
Account Closed

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 11:28:41 PM »
oh no, i can understand wanting a team to be of a higher skill level, i just dont think the EA community in general isnt what it used to be, and that this is just bringing it out into the open for everyone to see,

but it comes down to that last little bit

it needs the best people possible in the group.

you're telling us that we're not as good as you, not something people like to hear, and you're making it official, which just makes everybody else feel awful
and its not just who's the best bockers - its that you've all been calling the shots for ages, and nobody else is getting a look in at all and haven't been for a long time, the opinions of the larger group dont matter anymore because everything is going on behind the scenes and all we get is irregular updates to which we have no chance of input, because its already decided and done