Author Topic: Sky High gym or no gym?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Sky High gym or no gym?
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:36:21 AM »
yesterday was abysmal!!
What do you want people?
gym once a month, once a year, ever or never?
i feel like im banging my head off a wall with regards to our bocking group sometimes.
when do YOU want the gym? when can YOU make it.
the next session we can have is the week of 2nd nov, if theres a day of the week you can make, please post it up, so we can try and work out when people can come.
if this turns into another ghost thread then ill take it that sky high as a group dont want gym time, and i will not be bothering again.

sky high your a logistical nightmare!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:42:12 PM by Nero »

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Joe Legg

• What goes up! Must come down!
    • www.PushYourLimits.co.uk
Re: Sky High gym or no gym?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
well i get back on the 2nd/3rd of november depending on the ferry.

can you give me some more info. like what times they normally are and a post coded address to make it easyer for me to find it.

Also what equipment they have there. (eg. crashmats, blue gym mats, gym horses, trampets?)

then I can let you know if i can make it.

also if anyone would like some help there I would be happy to.

all the best.

Joe

E-Mail: joe@pushyourlimits.co.uk
Latest Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3mB5yxMHjE

Offline CJ

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 01:26:18 AM »
so whats it to be guys??

sky high or no sky high?

this now seems to be the question!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
I always let you know if I can or cannot make it ahead of time Nero. I'm sorry you feel let down by us.
But if I do say I'll be somewhere, I always will be (Hallowbock excluded, but I did let Bexx know first).

I'm in Norwich for the next couple of weeks. But I would like to come to a gym jam soon after I return.
I'll let you know an exact date soon. I'm sorry you feel put out. I for one greatly appreciate your efforts.

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
I appreciate the effort Nero is making too, however the 5-7pm slot clashes too much with my academic calendar; I also couldn't make the later October meets on account of a bout of flu I had.

Things might change for me next term, but 5pm is really pushing it for me.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »
i agree 5-7 isnt the best time slot for the gym, but at the minute its the latest we can have it considering the caretaker is doing me a favour by coming back to work an hour after he has finished.
this is only because he is a friend of mine, as the onsite caretaker refused to lock up at 7pm.
now other than going back to coventry (£44 for 2 hours) this is the best we have at the minute.
all year people have asked if we can get a gym, yet only k-rock, pinhead and i actually came through with gyms we could use, and to be fair none of them really had what we needed.
the gym we are using now was more of a chance thing seen as its my childrens school.
If someone wants to get off their arse and find a better gym, that we can use later in the day and has everything we need we will move gyms in a heart beat.
Until then however its this gym or no gym, and i know which i prefer.
its not about me being put out, its about the pure frustration of putting in the time, and the risk of having to pay for damages  (CJ has seen the bloody book of a contract i had to sign to get us into this gym), for nobody to actually turn up.
those of you who know me know im not really a stressy person, i avoid stress a hard as i can, but this gym is more stress than it seems worth at the minute.

this thread though is a testament to this, 3 weeks after i posted in pure frustration about whats going on, 3 of the team have replied.
i would like to add that all 3 of you have actually made the effort to get your arses to the gym, but what of the other 10-15 members?

and NOBODY actually answered any of my questions, what day is best for you, what time, how often a month?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”