Author Topic: worst bocking injury  (Read 8127 times)

Offline CJ

worst bocking injury
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:19:34 PM »
so with a few post been made recently about people hurting themselves i was wondering whats the worst injury you have had from bocking??

well mine has to be my cracked elbow, doing everythin with my left hand = fail

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
Re: worst bocking injury
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:44:36 PM »
2 broken scaphoids (bone in wrist) and damaged ligaments in my left knee, iv broken my right scaphoid twice tho. all different occasions (fail)

the knee still isnt properly healed either, thats it from me.

Get better dude.

K8n
Account Closed

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
Well were do i begin,

Hmmm....  Anyone from the JJ's wanna say them or shall I ?

DC

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
Plate and 12 screws in my wrist (broke the ends off both bones and shattered both of the ends)

Wear Writguards  :Claugh: don't be daft like me

And the busted rib hurt like hell too  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:22:29 PM »
Bashed my head open on the pavement -- please see thread:
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3435.0  for more pictures of aftermath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-ZCoKTkuc4&feature=player_profilepage

It still hurts sometimes ... couldnt move my eyebrow for ages.....

Ive got a nice battle mark from it thou  :Cyes:

The puddle that came from my head was impressive .... AND I didnt pass out  yeaaaaaa

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:15:32 AM »
dislocated coller bone from over rotating on a frontflip while drunk, but thats all for me suprisingly

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline TomH999

• http://leedsbockers.webs.com
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
that video still makes me cringe bexx, every time i see someone face plant concrete it makes me cringe. ouch.

i havnt really has any bad injuries onli ever had 2 falls and that was the first day i used my stilts and the day we all met in birmingham!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »
I fear the worst bocking injury must now be claimed by a JJ ( tho he has only managed 1 meet)

In London, Dave was running along and came to a road that is 'always' empty. Unfortunatly that day it wasnt. Dave can deffo do a front flip, he did 1 over the bonnet of the car!

But that wasnt the end of it. That lil trick set him up perfect to be hit by the lorry going in the opposite direction!!!!

He awoke from his coma 28 days later, then spent 8 months learning to walk again ( fracture to the spine).

Erm Ill not say 'beat that'.

Offline BigZombieMonkey

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
My second time on Bocks I was hit by a youngster on a BMX who wasn't looking where he was going, I fell and slammed both my wrists and my knee. My knee is permanently damaged as the fall ground away some cartlidge in the joint and both of my wrists turned purple. That was my first and only injury but it certainly made me learn that kids not watching where they are going are a danger to me lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
Wow. That's awful. Can you still bock with your knee like that?

Offline ArticWolf

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 09:06:45 PM »
I was running down a sidewalk for about a block, Nice long strides too. I was going pretty fast, I crossed a brick road still in stride, went to jump over the curb. I landed the curb jump perfect! I tried to keep running but my right hoof got stuck on a lifted edge of the sidewalk and I fell over like a tree.  :Cmad: (Total Fail) LOL I went to brace for the fall, I stuck my hands out, (stupid on my part). I hit the ground with my left knee first then on my hands. (mostly on my right hand though) The fall happened way to quick to react correctly. (First fall) I went to roll out of the fall, well I had my right elbow too close to the side of my chest and rolled to my right which dislocated my elbow and I got a radial head fracture because I rolled with my elbow too close to my body. Which in turn twisted my forearm into the the radial head because my elbow was held stationary against my side and all this could have been prevented if I was wearing wrist guards. I got back up using my left hand and walked home with my tail between my legs. I wanted some dignity back thats why I walked home with my stilts still on instead of taking them off. Saying it didn't hurt would be a lie but now it is annoying, it cracks all the time when I move it and I can't straighten my arm. I hope it straightens out because I don't want to get surgery the doctor said it was healed and that was 4 to 5 months ago so......

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
well. i was walking home with a friend i hadnt seen in ages and he asked me 8can you jump yet* i replied yeah ive just learned how to do a running jump!* so i set up for my jump and land it, but my landing was a bit funny. i landed leaning backwards a bit and my knees bent. i also landed on a bit of unever ground. i sort wobbled and cudnt keep balanced, i fell backwards. my mate came running over saying * that was awesome! are you okay!?* i said yeah il be up in a few minutes. i tried sitting up, but my leg refused to move. i tried and tried for a few minutes and fell backwards with excruciating pain in my knee! i leaned forward and felt it, there was a big lump. my friend asked if i was okay and did i need help. i said i think so, ive dislocated my knee.
so he ran over to a little girl ( a friend of the family) and told her to go get my mum. he came back and in a few minutes my mum was there too. eventually my dad came too, they phoned an ambulance. it took forever! we phoned the doctor after we saw him driving past ( he was away) so he rushed over and just as he got there the ambulance did. by then a crowd had formed, consisteing of friends and family friends. after a few minutes of looking and feeling they said it was broken. they started cutting up my jeans and the back straps on my bocks. then my dad said ugh! it looks.... then a paramedic told him to shut up. i was on 10mg of morphine, nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and 50mg syclozene. at one point i had three needles in my arm! they pulled my leg out and popped it back into place (hurt like F**K) and bandaged it up and put it in one of those big splints. and i was off to hospital......60miles away!! with hellish roads! went through another bottle of N2O on the ambulance!
anyway, yeah it was broke and dislocated and i was in a cast for about 6 weeks. and im only just getting back to normal. this all happened on the 10th of august.