Author Topic: Gyms in the north-east  (Read 10661 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
Gyms in the north-east
« on: October 03, 2009, 08:38:26 PM »
Hi, most of you know me already, and know that i don't tend to post many threads.

But i have a surprise in store  :Cbiggrin: since i last gave you an update on my athletic capabilities, i was kinda able to do a front-flip on a trampoline. Well, i've been working at it for a while now, and can now to front-flips almost perfectly every time, and can also do confident backs and baranis on a trampoline. My Only question is now, first off, who'd be up for gym meets in the north-east, and also, is there anywhere that anybody's got in mind? I'll start a bit of searching myself, but just wondering what kinda numbers there would be for it.

Also, secondly, what kind of apparatus and mats would you advise for learning flips? just the biggest crash-mat possible? :P

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: Gyms in the north-east
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »
YES MATE!!!! i not asked uni about using gym hall here yet, but will later i suppose - i'd be up for any gym meets in the NE - iv bin up here for a week now with only one bocking experiance it ended badly as the pictoral evidence previously posted informs

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:11:50 PM »
Which is perhaps, why not to bock during freshers weeks?

Offline TOM SAVAGE

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »
hey hey, me and lee attend a gym every wednesday and they have all the tumble run up, foam pits, crashmats, all that good stuff and the guy running it said that we could use our bocks in the sportshall nextdoor if it was free. thats just at boro college, it starts again on the 4th of jan and its on every wednesday night from 7:15-8:45, i know its a bit far for a newcastle guy to get to but maybe if we get more friendly with the people in charge they may let us use it for a day or something. dont quote me on the use of bocks though as me and lee aint used em yet we just works on flips and stuff

=]
if we stop bouncing, gravity wins!

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »
sounds good, but that is probably a bit far for me, seeing as i'm not even from newcastle.. it's 50 miles for me even to get to newcastle :/

Offline Bounce

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
Hi im from NE as well but a beginer so a meet would be good to get some tips and stuff. where bouts in NE u peoples from?

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »
ur looking from 'boro area to newcastle, with a couple of outliers

Offline gazzat5

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:40:42 AM »
Do you guys have gym meets atm? I can get to the Boro but i don't know about evenings lol