Author Topic: Greetings from Reverend Panic. Newbie Bocker, SE "LAAAHNDAHHHHN"  (Read 10348 times)

Offline Reverend Panic

Greetin's Ladies n Gents, I'm Rev. Panic, just getting into this Bocking lark myself in all honesty, and am humble enough to admit I am pretty darn rubbish at it, but we all gottsa start somewhere, no?

I really have no idea what to write here! Feel free to field any questions, and I will feel free to answer them!

(Just wondering if those Bockers who sometimes invade the National Theatre's square are here. Hmm~ I was working there one day when you upstaged some dancing Elvis' and they didn't appreciate it!)

Anyhoo, Rev Out.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Greetings from Reverend Panic. Newbie Bocker, SE "LAAAHNDAHHHHN"
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »
ello rev, oo national  thats south bank isnt it?  well ive bounced around there a few times on my trips to london. But it'll be the banned bockers or the surry springers mainly to blame. 

if you look at their sections you will see there is a meet that cant be far from you tomorrow ( sunday) could do worse than tag along.

Also the hallowene meet starts not too far from there at 'the wheel'

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Are you really a Reverend

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
ello rev, oo national  thats south bank isnt it?  well ive bounced around there a few times on my trips to london. But it'll be the banned bockers or the surry springers mainly to blame. 

if you look at their sections you will see there is a meet that cant be far from you tomorrow ( sunday) could do worse than tag along.

Also the hallowene meet starts not too far from there at 'the wheel'

Tomorrow I am busyful, but I am sure I will invade at some point, when I feel a lot more confident and a lot less busy.

The wheel? The Eye? The Unicycle of God? May have to crash if I am not at Frightfest.

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »
Are you really a Reverend

Indeed I am! I also happen to be a Pope.

Are you really a Mudokon?

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »
yes i am me and Abe get on really well but hes abit jelous cause my hairs better then his is

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 07:39:36 PM »
yes i am me and Abe get on really well but hes abit jelous cause my hairs better then his is

Good stuff. I loved the Oddworld games, I wish they'd continued with the franchise instead of running off to make films. And taking forever to make said films. Sad times.

As to my Religeous Entanglements, I'm a Pope with the POEE (the Paratheo-anametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric) which is pretty much the main branch of the Discordians. But Pope Panic doesn't have the same ring to it. But I am a Reverend at our sister Church, the Church of the Subgenius.

Hope that answers some questions, but it tends to raise more than it answers, ho-hum.

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
indeed it does. Mostly, what the hell is that religion? and what do most of those words mean? :D

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:23 PM »
some kind of gaming clan?  :Ctongue:

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »
When in doubt, link Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
I mean, I found a Burning Man thread, I thought you'd know more about us. Ahh well.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 09:55:24 PM »
oh right XD makes more sense than ol' l ron hubbard at least  :Ctongue:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
Sounds like our sort of person  :Claugh:

Hi Rev
I bock around london a lot in my lunch times and as I work near Covent Garden I tend to get over to the South Bank now and then

Live in Hanworth (Hanworth Banned Bockers)

So your welcome to our Sunday meets (Normally Hanworth/Hampton Ct/Staines/Kingston/Kew Bridge etc)

Or if we are both free in london at lunch time

Anyway Welcome to the forum

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »
I mean, I found a Burning Man thread, I thought you'd know more about us. Ahh well.
LOL. Only one person on PJF has been to Burning man, and Rache isn't massively active on here.

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:51 PM »
Sounds like our sort of person  :Claugh:

Hi Rev
I bock around london a lot in my lunch times and as I work near Covent Garden I tend to get over to the South Bank now and then

Live in Hanworth (Hanworth Banned Bockers)

So your welcome to our Sunday meets (Normally Hanworth/Hampton Ct/Staines/Kingston/Kew Bridge etc)

Or if we are both free in london at lunch time

Anyway Welcome to the forum

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was only on a Temporary Freelance contract at the National Theatre, has now ended and I'm back on merry old Student Life, but when I feel a bit more confident about my abilities (More than to only go out at night when noone's around) I will definatly pop into town one Sunday n see what the score is.

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »
LOL. Only one person on PJF has been to Burning man, and Rache isn't massively active on here.

I've never personally been, but the entire event is organised by Discordians, hence why it's a commerce-free event.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »
really? cool stuff, so via discordian thought we are all popes?
does that mean i have to go buy a silly hat?

welcome to the boards mate, i look forward to seeing more from you, and dont worry about your skill level, youll learn loads being around other bockers and the banned guys are really nice too, they wont laugh at you. 

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »
really? cool stuff, so via discordian thought we are all popes?
does that mean i have to go buy a silly hat?

welcome to the boards mate, i look forward to seeing more from you, and dont worry about your skill level, youll learn loads being around other bockers and the banned guys are really nice too, they wont laugh at you. 

Indeed! You are a Pope. Print out and keep this card in your Wallet!

Cheers! I need to master Stairs before I even concider public, my main phobia is being mugged for my "Fancy boots like" as the local ferals would call them, I need to get walking and running cool so I can escape them!

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 03:50:46 PM »
hey mate... welcome to the forum =]

you sound like a pretty cool guy i must say xD lol but yeah do go along to meets eveyones really cool && will help you out alot!

x CHAZZLE x

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:12 PM »
I now rock walking. Running, jumping and stairs are still problematic. :Becky:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »
but when I feel a bit more confident about my abilities (More than to only go out at night when noone's around) I will definatly pop into town one Sunday n see what the score is.

Please please 'dont wait till you r good'

a/ its more fun bocking in company
b/ peeps dont care how good any1 is, there is a hidious vid around of 'swebounce' prob best in the world, doing a barani ,5 backflips and a front flip all in a row, then it cuts to me...... A great weekend and all abilities were there ( 1 guy had got his stilts 3 or 4 days before hand).
c/ you will teach yourself bad habits ( every1 does somat not quite rite to start with), it can take ages to correct once the notions are in the brain.
d/ In 1 hour in the company of the likes of Jason and Clive you will learn wot you would in 20 alone

Offline Reverend Panic

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 08:27:25 AM »
Just noticed this, I should have payed more attention. I'm pretty sure I ordered M70's, but here I have a pair of M80's, I'm bang on 55kg in weight, do I need to buy new springs in order to get a desirable bounce? :/

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 02:45:14 PM »
You seem slightly insane... I like that! ^_^ Using words most people don't know for the win... making up words for the uber win! ^_^ Welcome!
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
Just noticed this, I should have payed more attention. I'm pretty sure I ordered M70's, but here I have a pair of M80's, I'm bang on 55kg in weight, do I need to buy new springs in order to get a desirable bounce? :/

I am your weight and I can almost bottom M80's(Skyrunners) and I am getting Pro-Jump+ M80's for my b-day tomorrow.

Offline CJ

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »
i bet you cant wait can you Bio how many hours mins and seconds left to go now?