Author Topic: Time to step up the game guys  (Read 8847 times)

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
Time to step up the game guys
« on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
Currently i am at college but i cannot upload a print screen but what i can do is link you here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3127900&id=508497820

that my friends is a sponsorship offer, before you money hungry pioneers ask how much were getting, the answer is ZILCH NADA. surprsingly no company is going to just dish out money to some group, we gotta prove were worth something. Few videos here and there stamped with their logo etc. The company is Inner Cooler, make extreme sports insulation (i know its nothing to do with us)

Regardless they can promote us etc so this is proof we can get sponsorship, by the way this is the first i applied for, we have many more replies to come, later tonight i shall link you to the print screen of the promising paragraph they wrote us. this contract ends December 2010. Post your opinions people.

Ketan
Account Closed

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: Time to step up the game guys
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:52:42 AM »
its not bad, in fact it rocks that you guys are getting interest, but your not actually gaining anything until you start buying their products are you?
it reads to me like your sponsorship entails you getting 40% discount, which is great, but you already said there product has no place in our sport, which kinda makes it seem pointless to me.
but thats just my opinion, i may only see one side of the cookie

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline carlgreen

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for backFLEEP!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 10:12:28 AM »
No Nero your right we don't get anything directly but we do get a name for ourselves and they will help us get us noticed etc also the possibility of work and shows etc seems like a good way and also the possibility of a bigger brand like red bull noticing us and letting us go to things like extreme sports festivals etc

just my 2c

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:14:52 AM »
I admit, I only see what nero sees. Sounds ok until the last part. Must complete a review. For that I assume you have to buy a product. And there is no guarantee they will advertise for you. Seems like a smart way for them to get good customer reviews on their site. If it were serious then I don't actually think they would have offered anything. Because the people who you can advertise actually have to interest in this product..by your own words.

Keep at it tho!

Edit: If you look at their website there is actually no mention of any other people who they may sponsor. There are sopme pictures tho.. Just a thought..

:spudT:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:17:00 AM by Spud »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
I'm assuming they make like under layers for doing sport in right? Il take one skiing or play hockey in one if need be :) I'm in lectures... I hate maths... But yeh, I think this is a good sign anyways :) whatver happens, yay us!!!

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
The way i see it, we have absolutely nothing to lose from this, im getting in touch personally with the bloke who runs this as he must be sure we cant use the stuff so im finding out what exactly they want from us, like i said were not losing anything so the only way is forward :)

im awaiting many replies right now so hope to hear soon, sponsorship is sponsorship people :)

Love u all, specially carl, and tim... xx
Account Closed

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 01:36:48 PM »
Uploads being funny, heres a pasted Passage, hope it sounds as promising to you as it has to me.

"Dear EA Bockers,

Congratulations! You have been selected as a sponsored athlete for the rest of  2009 as well as the upcoming 2010 season. I have been receiving thousands of applications ever since it was announced that we started a rider support program! I only have so many spots open and have been extremely selective in the effort of getting only the best athletes to represent our products.You have been selected not only for your talent, but we believe that you will be a strong ambassador for our brand and products."
Account Closed

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 01:47:15 PM »
I'm gonna seem really negative here but it really does seem like something that is copy/pasted and then sent off to people. It seems like they accept everybody. They use the word athlete. If they read your profile properly they would have known the EAs were a group..

It's not bad. It's just not amazing either. As you say you have nothing to lose. But if you have to buy products and stuff to get any coverage then it will become clear it is just a way for them to make money without giving you anything in return! Don't settle for this. there will be many more oppertunities for you to get decent sponsorship if you keep up the good work ;)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »

It's not bad. It's just not amazing either. As you say you have nothing to lose. But if you have to buy products and stuff to get any coverage then it will become clear it is just a way for them to make money without giving you anything in return! Don't settle for this. there will be many more oppertunities for you to get decent sponsorship if you keep up the good work ;)

This bit seemed like it was typed by someone from a different group......... Just how i read it maybe but how its worded to me reads that spud doesnt consider herself an EA ne more im not starting a row by any means we all know i dont do that  :Cerr:

I think its really good that we have this i do see the lack of us directly getting anythink but maybe we are getting alot more then people realise if having these guys on board means we get into different Festivals etc means other companies will see us get in touch and the hopefully have people asking for us to do stuff for them not the other way round and we can start requesting things from them etc,

Im still unsure as to what exactly they sell havnt been on website tho just wondering if someone could say as im lazy

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 08:55:42 PM »
Basically I am not in the position to put the man hours in to help out with this so all I can really do is wish those doing it all the best. I'm still an EA..when I have the time to bock. Right now I can't keep up with what is going with you guys let alone get to meets. I still bock..but only every couple of weeks for an hour or so if I get the chance.

Right now I feel like I am just watching you guys. I'm not involved. Maybe that is why I have the outlook I do. I love the enthusiasm from the group right now. What I am hearing is exciting. Everybody is going to great lengths to promote the sport.

How can I put this. I just think accepting this offer would be selling yourselves short and I think the EAs are deserving of some serious sponsorship. With money/kit, relevant advertisement of the group and something that will really benefit you.

Have a hard look at this offer. It's good if they keep to their end of the bargain. They talk about promotion of the group which is fab. But before you do (and more importantly buy) anything you need to know that this will happen. Or some person in the group will buy a product (with the discount kindly provided  :Cerr:) and will then review it. The group may not get anything back from that. If this were to be the case then this company got a sale and a review for doing absolutely nothing. If the product was of interest I could see the benefit without the risk but for bocking I can't.

The EAs are amazing. Please don't sell yourselves short :)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 09:00:46 PM »
The paragraph is very generic and versions of it are used by mass market sales and marketing companies.

The key question is what are both parties getting out of an agreement.

If you attend festivals for no cost then they have a real benefit in cash terms as they do not have to pay for your services. Dependent upon the number of events you may be asked to attend and the time spent at the events and traveling this might be very well worth it for the company.

Attendance at events will get you additional work, without looking for it the YBB have gained work at a number of events followng appearances at the Lincolnshire Show. These have been paid work.

If it involves any outlay on your part and no payment on thiers then be very careful as it is just a sales technique
Grow old disgracefully

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »
Right guys, spose this post will prove how much people actually read the forums.

Call it news to you but we now have 3, thats right, 3 companies sponsoring us, heres the low down.

Inner Cooler

SRH

Rockwell Time

Inner cooler were the first people to sponsor us, they have a very basic one year contract.

SRH actually make SWEET clothes, you can see for yourself at srh.com, the other good thing is they have a bronze, silver and gold system in which ANY sponsored group has the opportunity to move up, this is by basically showing were worth a damn and can do what we promise.

Rockwell time are the same, i emailed the guy and hes really exited to be working with us so thats a thumbs up, they also have the same system as SRH where we get the opportunity to move up in contract ranks.

you may be wondering what the whole moving up thing is about, so im sure you all waiting for m to say it, yes we can get money for things like gyms etc, but things like that dont come without hard work. We gotta start pushing and making more and more original material and making constant feeds of video which means i need your footage people. I have emailed Srh about getting some free shirts for us to wear in videos and am awaiting a reply.

I hope you all share some entusiasm for this and i hope were all willing to work hard, the only way is up with a bit of effort.

Srh.com
rockwelltime.com

(by the way rockwelltime barely sponsor anybody)

Feel free to ask me any questions people.

K8n
Love you all x
Account Closed

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »
well done k8n this is awesome=] u are awesome xD

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 04:17:34 PM »
Wicked Man! I'm just waiting fro the video camera to get some footage..

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 06:09:46 PM »
I think its good to be associated with as many brands as you can at the moment and once you are more established be a bit more picky. Checking the SRH and Rockwell site I think they are the sort of sponsors you need :) If its something you can do (contract permitting), then I would like to see some of the sponsorship deals you are getting as I would love to help the groups but need a more structured deal to base it on rather than what we are currently doing.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 08:13:05 PM »
K8n you know i love this from last nights Pillow Talk  :Cwink:

Ask Rockwell time if they will give us some of those watches for free and if they do i want one first b4 everyone else lol

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 03:33:50 PM »
Hate to sound like a moody F****r but please even if ur kidding dont ask me about free stuff, nobodys getting free stuff and if they do its cos they deserve it.
Account Closed

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
Hate to sound like a moody F****r but please even if ur kidding dont ask me about free stuff, nobodys getting free stuff and if they do its cos they deserve it.

I was joking they are never going to give us those watches for free as they cost a funking fortune to buy
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:08:24 PM by Trixter »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »
Congrats k8n. I have been meaning to post for a little while! Those second 2 deals sound awesome! Well done :) much more positive and have some more potential! It should help no doubt with promo! Really pleased to see things heading in an awesome direction :) epic win!

On a side note.. It's a family forum ;) less swearing would be great. If you insist please just censor it.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

On a side note.. It's a family forum ;) less swearing would be great. If you insist please just censor it.

Edited