Author Topic: Pain from Bouncing  (Read 11420 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Pain from Bouncing
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »
as u no most of u im lazy i stoped readin after 2 - 3 comments but anyway

i had the same shoulder pain mate what u wanna do before gettin on bocks is streach ur back and shoulder muscle just touch ur toes then bring ur right arm acros and put ur left arm around and strech ur muscles repeat other side make sure u warm up first or itll over stresss the muscle in about a week it will go :) dont worry bout it and keep on bocking happy :)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline TheGingerThreat

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 03:02:24 AM »
Thanks again Jason. I'll give this a week or so to see if it sorts out with minimal bocking. If not, I'll make a doctor's visit and ask him about the local chiropractor's if he doesn't have a fix for me.

Offline TheGingerThreat

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
as u no most of u im lazy i stoped readin after 2 - 3 comments but anyway

i had the same shoulder pain mate what u wanna do before gettin on bocks is streach ur back and shoulder muscle just touch ur toes then bring ur right arm acros and put ur left arm around and strech ur muscles repeat other side make sure u warm up first or itll over stresss the muscle in about a week it will go :) dont worry bout it and keep on bocking happy :)

As was mentioned in the part you didn't read Aidan :Cwink: I did stretch extensively before each session, those particular stretches included. But thanks anyway.

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
Is it better yet?
And just keep of your bocks

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 12:40:27 AM »
keep us informed of how it goies if its still there in a week then ull need to maybe build ur muscles up more try doing workouts in ya room like pushups and free weight rasies build ur shouklder muscles up so they dont strain :)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline TheGingerThreat

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »
Great news! I got back on 'um today with my friend and I was able to do some pretty heavy jumping with only minor pain. There is still some but it's far reduced from what I was feeling before. I'd say that makes it pretty clear that it is just a muscular problem after all, which is a great relief. I must have been looking down more during the first few days than I realized while running and walking but I've been paying careful attention to my posture during my rest time and it seems to be paying off. I think as long as I continue to use proper form, and take things a bit slower than I'd really like to, I should be able to build the muscles up through regular bocking. I've also been doing pushups whenever I remember to over the past couple months so continuing that may help as well. Anyway, thank you to everyone who gave their input, it's good to have people willing to help  :Csmile: Now we'll see how much progress I make on jumping  :Becky:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
Glad to hear that see you at a meet soon then  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline TheGingerThreat

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »
I wish but I'm in the US, Olympia, Washington to be exact. Only person I've ever seen with these around here is my buddy who bought some with me. I don't know if there will be a gym around here that will let us use them either. I had been hoping to get back into tumbling but then I found out that the gyms in town don't allow adults and the next closest I've found (unverified whether it is an adult gym) is a 40 minute drive which is pretty bad if I were just going for a couple hours during an open gym time. That really bummed me out. I'd be willing to make the drive if they'll let me use my jumps in there when I'm ready to start flipping but for everything else I think I'm on my own.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 09:09:38 PM »
Get in touch with XS on here or XarnuSonci on Poweriser Pages forum, he is in the US and will be able to tell you if there is anyone close by

Offline TheGingerThreat

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 11:52:09 PM »
Thanks. I have been thinking I should probably have a look at the poweriser forums but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll check it out soon.