Author Topic: New North London Bocker Intro  (Read 3614 times)

Offline PsychOff

New North London Bocker Intro
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:56:25 PM »
Hello fellow bockers,
I've been bocking for quite a few months now but I'm still fresh at it. In my area I have yet to see someone bocking and I've tried many times to look for a north london based bocking club/group on the internet but with no luck. I live near Notting Hill, wondered if anyone else lives in the vicinity? I would love to meet up with them and bock together, learn more things on them. It is kind of boring bocking on my own, as much as it is fun, I kind of feel its more of a friendly movement sport rather than a rebellious skateboarding sport. I'll hopefully be heading over to Capital Bocking event at Hyde Park 22nd August, will rsvp once I got know I can make it.
 :Ceek:

Laterz

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: New North London Bocker Intro
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:36:29 PM »
nearest bockers is probably the hanworth banned, or some of the others round london, there's more happening than you think :D (staines meet on sunday btw)

i'm down in surrey, but regularly up to london, so if you want a meet just annouce it an dsee who's interested, sure some will be

Offline PsychOff

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »
Thank you very much^^ was helpful, unfortunately I currently work on weekends. Places like Staines and Surrey are too far for me, no car, but it seems to have meetings spots closer to the centre such as Kew Bridge. Anyways, thank you for telling me about this club, cheers^^ do they have a website? I shall look it up.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
We enjoyed the Kew meet so much we will be doing another one soon

I work in central london but only get out to bock at lunch time for a bit and not every day but if you are near covent garden between 1 and 2 during the week I may be able to get out (depends on the workload  :Csmile:)

Also may have a new member near Ealing so might be someone to meet up with as I believe he gets days off in the week

You are always welcome to any Banned meets shame you can't get next sat or sunday off as Capital Bocking is a good place to meet loads of people and it's in central london

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline PsychOff

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »
No, I am going to attend Capital Bocking next week, I do have work but hopefully can change it by tomorrow, shouldn't be too hard. I can come down to Covent Grden however for 1 hour is a bit short for the trip, lol sorry   :Cerr::. Will you be doing any Kew Bridge meetings during working week days? Why you called Hansworth Banned?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:58:25 PM by PsychOff »

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
too far??? sorry, you're never allowed to say that about bocking meets, surrey is only like an hour or so train ride, staines is even closer

most people will sit on a train for about 3/4 hours to get to a meet if it's gonna be good, so man up and go get a railcard :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:11:31 PM »
We are called Hanworth Banned due to us being from Hanworth  :Claugh: and as I was the founder member of the Coolest Bocking Group in the world
Aka "The Banned Bockers" check out the logo and T-shirts  :Cbiggrin:

So we are the headquarters here in Hanworth

Most of our meets are Sundays as we work during the week and normally have sundays off

Do your best to get to CB as I still remember my first meet and it was CB 2007 the most amazing time and I learnt so much in that one day (including being thrown off the Queens monument by two guys I still call friends  :Claugh:

And yes it is a bit of a trip for an hour  :Cbiggrin:

Offline PsychOff

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 09:30:29 PM »
Ahhh, cool. Now I really want to make it to CB 09.

I didn't say it was too far, its only that for a meet of 1hr long I didn't think it worth it and he is working also before and after, he get all sweaty and yuckie lol. :Ctongue:

Besides, I'm lazy. However I think CB will be a great way for to meet new bocker friends^^

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 09:34:27 PM »
Ahhh, cool. Now I really want to make it to CB 09.

I didn't say it was too far, its only that for a meet of 1hr long I didn't think it worth it and he is working also before and after, he get all sweaty and yuckie lol. :Ctongue:

Besides, I'm lazy. However I think CB will be a great way for to meet new bocker friends^^

:Claugh:I'm normally sweaty and yucky by lunch time most days  :Claugh:
And I am lucky as I get the chance to bock in the best area almost every day with big crowds

Offline PsychOff

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 09:36:59 PM »
Haha, I know what you mean. I bocked along portobello road on a busy saturday, the looks you get are priceless.^^

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:47:28 PM »
dont 4get 'the day after'  the sunday meet     others work on saturdays   and want some company  tho  thats 'wwwwwayyy out' on the south bank hehe

Mind i did used to b North london ---East Cheam ----yep I know its a fictional place, but the house that featured on the opening credits of the TV series was the 1 I was born in  and its down Long Drive in East Acton

But do cut along to CB, at very least you get to put a face to a load of the names that post here.  But it will be much more. Bouncing around london in a group is ALWAYS the greatest fun. Statistically there 'must be' hundreds of bockers in London, always been a mystery to us all why they cant all get together :Cno:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 03:07:08 AM »
its only that for a meet of 1hr long I didn't think it worth it

who mentioned anything about 1 hour meets? any i go to last at least 4/5 hours of hard bocking usually :D

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 11:04:43 AM »
Me in London on a week day DG but if you go up there for a day I'll just join you for an hr