Author Topic: broken leg :(  (Read 16149 times)

Offline wickerman123

broken leg :(
« on: August 13, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »
hello. my name is james kelly, im 13. this is my first time on the forums, and already hurt myself :(

it was just the other day, i thought i wud show my friend a running jump. i did it...but the landing as a bit wrong, near the end of the jump i realised i was leaning back and when i hit the ground i hardly bounced, but heard a big crack.... i fell over and went to touch my knee and there was an unusual lump. i thought i had just dislocated it. my frind ran to my mum for help ( i wasnt that far from my house ) and she phoned for n ambulance. afeter quite a crowd  had appeared we phoned our gp since he was now avilable.  he arrived just as the ambulance did. i got given 10mg of morphine and 50mg of sumthin else, my stilts were ripped off and my jeans were cut up and i was off to hospital. after two bottles of n20 ( laughing gas ) and an x-ray we discovered i had a fracture on my tibia, only a few centimetres below my knee.  after three days in hosipital i am now sitting at home, hardly able to move with a cast going from my ankle to the top of my thigh.   no for 4-8 weeks of madening nothingness :(

EDIT: oh yeah, it was my first fall too :(

NOW WITH PHOTOS!

me with my cast

a drawing of what the break looked like on the side X-ray
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:18:43 PM by wickerman123 »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: broken leg :(
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:11:23 PM »
sux  m8     but soz , we want piccis ----we evil like that.   on plus side u can now lend ya stilts to ya mate.  i trust your mum isnt going to do what some have done , after  similar accidents.... put the things on ebay and stop u doing it again.

ooo if you want somat to do.... start thinkin about how u r going to get 2 skewl next month :Ctwitcy:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:23 PM »
Morphine FTW! Always produces hilarious results.
I would hazard a guess that the 50mg of "something else" was probably a mild sedative.

That really does suck though, hope it heals up faster than expected! Hopefully your mum won't stop you bocking :)

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »
it next week i go back!   no pics of the accident, sorry! and it was me who mentioned ebay first ^^  i dont think im going back on for a llooooooooooonngg time!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:25 PM »
pix  in cast will do   but please saY u aint givin up

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:38:13 PM »
will do soon, that 50mg is cyclazene (stops u feeling sick ) and my dads just said hes sure he saw more fractures that the docs didnt notice :S i can give a description of the scene.

i was lying in the road ( not the main one but one in-front of the houses ) and according to witneses when they ripped up my jeans it was hard to see the knee cap, there was lots of bruises and swelling, three big lumps where my knee shud have been. so apparently, not very pleasing to the eye.

and i dont know if im giving up bocking, but its definetly staying off my mind for some time .

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »
were you wearing knee pads?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 11:01:32 PM »
will do soon, that 50mg is cyclazene (stops u feeling sick ) and my dads just said hes sure he saw more fractures that the docs didnt notice :S i can give a description of the scene.
Aha, an anti-emetic. Because morphine makes you vomit!
Does your dad have a medical degree and experience at looking at radiographs? lol

and i dont know if im giving up bocking, but its definetly staying off my mind for some time .
:(

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »
yes, but not the ones from the store. why?

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 11:05:05 PM »
yes, but not the ones from the store. why?

because the rule is, if you don't wear pads you deserve to break something

in your case you were, so this is a legitimate injury (pretty dam bad one aswell)

hope you bock again...eventually that is

Offline dark-castles2

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • A-F-RO!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 11:06:14 PM »
Was just wondering,

DC

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
were you wearing knee pads?

Not sure kneepads would do much good in this circumstance. Possibly if they were the shin ones tho.

My guess would be that James had kneebars (am I right?)  and when he fell he probably landed on the knee bar some how. The description of the injury is kind of where the knee bar or cuffs are and if you manage to land with a lot of weight on that bar it's not very wide and would be lot of pressure in one area. Knee pads could spread out some of the force across the leg but I don't think it would help much. And clearly it didn't.

It's a rare injury but they can happen. It's part of taking up sports like these. And life in general.

Anyhoo, sorry about the accident james and I hope you are back on your feet (and bocks) soon. Bocking is great fun, you were extremely unfortunate.

:spudT:

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 11:16:41 PM »
Aha, an anti-emetic. Because morphine makes you vomit!
Does your dad have a medical degree and experience at looking at radiographs? lol

dont tink he does but hes a general smart arse, so i stick by his word :P

oh and yes, i do have kneebars and my knees were quite bent when i landed so i think your right spud
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:20:06 PM by wickerman123 »

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 02:57:49 AM »
:( hope it stops hurting soon! broken legs from bocking dont happen very often, you were very unlucky!
Dont let it stop you though - they heal after a few months, and then you can go back to doing anything you want to! :)

Offline Tenroe

• The Emericanaddict.
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
And this children is why you should ALLWAYS drink your milk so that you promote strong bones within your body. :CGEEK:

Seriously though sorry to hear about the break. Just dont give up bocking because of it. remember accidents can happen anywhere. Just be happy this one happened on your stilts and not at the top of a flight of stairs. ALso stay within your boundaries and dont try to show off for the sake of it. Not saying you were but acidents are much more likely when attemptin things you are unsure of.

Then again you only learn from your mistakes. :Cyes:
Takedown, Dominate & Destroy...

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
Get well soon mate and get back to bocking

You are in good company with a fractured leg as the Legend that is Becky had one  :Cbiggrin: and look at how she came back to bocking "with a Flip"  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 09:31:29 PM »
un the video of jono breaking his collar bone is an all time classic   and where he is now  (  ok still in wales  but bockinwise....)

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
tenroe, i always drink milk, its what im living off at the moment! lol and i was showing my mate a jumo i knew, its just i chose the wrong place to do it, and f**ked it up anyway :(

Offline Caroline

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
woah your 13 xD you dont look 13 in the picture. i mean im 13 and i must look 9. anyway, hope you get better soon!  :Cwink:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:45:22 PM by Caroline »

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
your not alone, in my 1st week i had my first fall and broke my wrist :(

Account Closed

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 03:43:25 PM »
ouchy man thts bad luck!!!

get well soon tho mate =]

&& come back to bocking =] its fun xD just hope u dont have to many more injuries like tht 1! lol

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
yeah thats ..........just wow.
it sucks mate, but dont give up, there plenty of broken bockers around still bouncing.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline wickerman123

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 07:47:22 PM »
havnt replied in ages! anyway, im on my way to recovery, got my cast off about a month or so ago? and dumped my crutches about 3 weeeks ago :D my leg its still dodgy, isn't cracking as much, but still gets sore after just a little bit of running/jogging :(    il still be getting physio for about a month ar so, depends really, and no sports for 3 months. ah well......

Offline ChazzleBerry

• EA Bocker
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 07:51:57 PM »
glad to hear your getting better =]

&& i hope u will be well enough to start bocking soon... even if it aint for a while yet... dont give up!

x CHAZZLE x

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
On my first fall(I was 13 then too lol) I wasn't wearing any protection at all and landed on my wrist, luckily I only sprained it.
Sad to see you having a major injury like this on your first fall.